Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

It's not an "either/or" situation, though. Or at least it shouldn't be.

Wanting new, fresh experiences should not require that classics be gotten-rid-of, especially at Magic Kingdom, which has plenty of space to expand if Disney wanted to make the effort.

Agreed - the number of rides/ attractions at MK is shockingly poor compared to the original park, yet is apparently the most visited park on the entire planet. It’s time they showed MK some genuine love, with updates but also proper, world beating expansion projects. Not clones. Magic Kingdom deserves rides worthy of being the most visited. Disneyland already has superior versions of many rides.

i know the pandemic has thrown things, but it looks like we’re creeping towards the 50th with none Of the suggested upgrades on the horizon.

Agreed - the number of rides/ attractions at MK is shockingly poor compared to the original park, yet is apparently the most visited park on the entire planet. It’s time they showed MK some genuine love, with updates but also proper, world beating expansion projects. Not clones. Magic Kingdom deserves rides worthy of being the most visited. Disneyland already has superior versions of many rides.

i know the pandemic has thrown things, but it looks like we’re creeping towards the 50th with none Of the suggested upgrades on the horizon.
There is always Plan B.

il_fullxfull.1517287156_321n_2048x.jpg

Part of me hopes that they bring back the golden characters from 2005. It would probably clash with the projection mapping though.

gcastle22.jpg

I wonder if that $70 million Hamilton deal included theme park rights...

Probably not since there's still money to be made from the Broadway production, but maybe they could use some of the songs in the street performances at MK or Epcot.

I wonder if that $70 million Hamilton deal included theme park rights...

Probably not since there's still money to be made from the Broadway production, but maybe they could use some of the songs in the street performances at MK or Epcot.
Voices of Liberty: Hamilton edition :lol:

The crazy thing is that I would bet money that they’ve actually given an idea like that some thought.

I gotta say... I don't mind this new look at all (also, look at the Florida mountains behind the castle! :lol:)

One too many hits with the vibrance slider, unless they also painted the trees and the sky.:)

Voices of Liberty: Hamilton edition :lol:

The crazy thing is that I would bet money that they’ve actually given an idea like that some thought.
I don't think the idea is that crazy. They have been known to tap into Pop Culture occasionally. Here the are singing "This Is Me" from The Greatest Showman.

I don't think the idea is that crazy. They have been known to tap into Pop Culture occasionally. Here the are singing "This Is Me" from The Greatest Showman.

Disney owns The Greatest Showman though, so there’s a slight difference. But if they’re gonna do it, that’s the way.

While I think the only actual good part of the bricks was that Magic Kingdom logo, I think the whole entry area just looks overall cleaner now with the former security areas demolished and planters there now.