Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

A permit was recently filed that was titled "MK2-Tunnel". MK2 is Tron (MK1 was to be the Main Street Theater). I'm wondering if the tunnel is for the train and will have a new scene.

If what i heard is true, yes.

This would be amazing! Nice to see little additions that arn't necessary but add to the overall experience.

This would be amazing! Nice to see little additions that arn't necessary but add to the overall experience.

I agree, but I feel it’s these little experiences which Disneyland does a million times better than MK, so whilst this would be a start I’d hope for much more for the 50th. MK needs more magic injected as it feels like an unloved relative.

I agree, but I feel it’s these little experiences which Disneyland does a million times better than MK, so whilst this would be a start I’d hope for much more for the 50th. MK needs more magic injected as it feels like an unloved relative.
Not really but ok. When is the last time DL has as much investment that MK has had in the past 10 years.

The custom Walk Around the World bricks that are in the pavement around the MK area are to be removed. If you purchased one, Disney will send a replica brick for $10 by contacting them (as it would take FOREVER to peel each one up and send the original). The $10 price is actually pretty reasonable too considering Disney has to ship these things.

I guess getting 25 years out of our brick is pretty good. Still sad to see them go though. I'd love to get the actual brick...

Many of the bricks are quite weather worn at this point. Getting rid of them will save a bunch of money because right now crews are constantly fixing them as they pop up or sink in the walkways from weather and wear.

Many of the bricks are quite weather worn at this point. Getting rid of them will save a bunch of money because right now crews are constantly fixing them as they pop up or sink in the walkways from weather and wear.
The only ones that actually still look pretty good are the ones with the important peoples names on them right in front of MK (Kalogridis, Eisner, etc). Here's Eisner's for example:

Roy E Disney's is looking a little rough though:

Those are also granite blocks around the Magic Kingdom logo, not just regular bricks. There are also a bunch like that by the wedding pavilion that seem to have been "special" blocks (most of which were purchased by Asian couples from the names on them). The red clay bricks are really worn out, especially over between the Poly and Grand where the wind blows sand across them.

Expect to finally see construction start at the TTC and the front of MK for the reimagined entrance plazas. They've postponed it so long now, it will be a bit of a shock to finally see them moving on these projects.

Not sure how finished it is, but I’m not that big a fan of the orange. Thought they were going more in the Blue/White/Grey direction.

Supposedly the relocation of the tram drop off begins tomorrow morning, with parking trams dropping off on the south side of Seven Seas underpass and all guests having to walk up the hill there into the security and ticket booth area so they can begin removing the old pavers and re configuring the TTC.

Not sure how finished it is, but I’m not that big a fan of the orange. Thought they were going more in the Blue/White/Grey direction.

The orange and turquoise seems to be very retro. I was expecting something more "flat" (large blocks of bright colors) and minimalist