Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

I will be very interested to see how quickly - or not - the covering returns.

Whether a response to a safety concern or something else, it does feed into the curious recent pattern of WDW management (seemingly) not valuing the comfort of their guests in quite as pronounced a way as I think they should.

I will be very interested to see how quickly - or not - the covering returns.

Whether a response to a safety concern or something else, it does feed into the curious recent pattern of WDW management (seemingly) not valuing the comfort of their guests in quite as pronounced a way as I think they should.
WDW Mgt. Motto; "Fry baby, fry";)

PHOTOS: Haunted Mansion Queue Awning Being Replaced During the Hottest, Rainiest Time of the Year at the Magic Kingdom - WDW News Today

Who makes these decisions? I mean, my God, why in the heck would you decide to replace awnings over a busy queue when its over 90 degrees every day and could rain at any given point. It's decisions like these that make me think I could do a better job in an upper level management position at one of Disney's parks or resorts...
Sometimes I think think they do this intentionally just to mess with people.:lol: This isn't the first time they've replaced that awning this time of the year. I also remember them replacing the MK monorail roof around the same time of year. I specifically remember because it was unbearably hot in the direct sunlight and it seemed like it rained every day leaving half the train out in the rain during loading and unloading.

The Disneyland version is apparently very tasteful, so assuming it's basically the same thing, there's not much to worry about.

Still, it'll be an infusion of IP into an attraction that does not need it.

The Disneyland version is apparently very tasteful, so assuming it's basically the same thing, there's not much to worry about.

Still, it'll be an infusion of IP into an attraction that does not need it.
Since the characters are in the Mary Blair style, you could miss the characters if you aren't paying close attention. The characters didn't add enjoyment to my ride in DL, but they didn't subtract from it either, so as long as this is along the same lines it should be fine.

Since the characters are in the Mary Blair style, you could miss the characters if you aren't paying close attention. The characters didn't add enjoyment to my ride in DL, but they didn't subtract from it either, so as long as this is along the same lines it should be fine.
I thought the inclusion of them was great, it made for a fun hide and seek kind of game with my son trying to find all the characters. But maybe that was just because we much preferred the DL Small World to ours.

Looking forward to lots of behind the scenes view right now with all the scrims down from around the construction sites. Until the hurricane threat is past it's just chain link fence around most of the many areas under construction at the moment. I'm sure Bio will have pictures of it all very soon...