Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

Between the cost of labor going up with all the CM raises and the under performance of SW, they've been cutting labor as much as they can. Labor is the single largest controllable coat for any business, and they (like all businesses) are always trying to do more with less, making the product suffer and killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

For a company that is always asking "what would Walt think or do", they often forget:

quote-give-the-public-everything-you-can-give-them-keep-the-place-as-clean-as-you-can-keep-walt-disney-105-58-31.jpg

walt-disney-quotes-reality.png

Maybe I haven't followed close enough for all these years, but my biggest gripe with current Disney, Parks, studios, etc, they're so blatantly greedy and are only in for profit. Which I get, every business is Im not stupid, but Disney doesn't seem to give a f about their blatant price increasing, movie cost cutting, parks cost cutting, I feel have the things they announce for the parks never come to fruition, idk its just a turn off. I can't really say much other than that, its just a turn off and makes me want to visit their parks and films less and less these days. I don't think its an age thing for me either as I'll always have a little kid in me, but the magic is wearing off a bit for me.

I'm reminded of that comparison somebody made years ago:

Walt Disney wanted to deliver a quality product, and make a buck in the process.
Michael Eisner wanted to make a buck, and deliver a quality product in the process.
Bob Iger wants to make a buck.

Is that unfair? You bet. Is it too simplistic? Yes. Does it, fundamentally, sort of illuminate some truths that have some merit about how priorities have morphed over the years? I think so.

Just saw this- that's how they paint it. They paint everything bright and then they paint over the whole thing again two more times for the finished product. It's a process- I'd bet it's fixed by now as it takes a few days to complete.

Edit: Trying to find a recent pic on Twitter and not having much luck. Did see the new DHS sign though, which looks much better:

EIiK5RmWkAEaQMv

Last edited:
Just saw this- that's how they paint it. The gold highlights certain areas and then they paint over the whole thing again. It's a process- I'd bet it's fixed by now as it takes 8-10 days to complete.

Edit: Trying to find a recent pic on Twitter and not having much luck. Did see the new DHS sign though, which looks much better:

EIiK5RmWkAEaQMv
I hope the Partners Statue isn’t a new Mandela Effect.

Closest bus loop to MK entrance closing for demolition. This is to expand security screening along the walkway from the Contemporary.