Magic Shop in USF's Hollywood Closing | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Shop in USF's Hollywood Closing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 30, 2013
Clermont, FL
The magic shop on Hollywood is finally closing, with today as their last. It always bugged me, as I felt they sold themselves as a Universal attraction as opposed to the demonstration that they are.
I'm guessing a new, legitimate store will be moved in promptly.

EDIT: It will cling to life til Sunday, I guess. We've waited years for it to go away, I can wait a few more days...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Completely agree with you that it was a fraud. I almost fell for it too, only to be disgusted once I got to the doors. The shop at DTD was a much better show... no smoke and mirrors and very typical of any great magic shop.

Reactions: TubaGeek
Went to one of the demos. It actually was OK, but certainly not something I would do a second time, and I have no interest in magic thus wasn't purchasing anything. It's kind of like those vacation condo people they have. They're not all that pushy but I don't think they really belong in the new era Universal. The park would be better to not have those types of distractions, to put it kindly.

I was there Sunday and they must have been giving it one last push. I think there were at least 4 or 5 people out on the street trying to get people in almost all the way down to T2:3D.

Ok it actually is closed now lol i went by today. The lights were on inside but the posters out front were gone and the door was locked. And nobody outside was shouting about their being a magic show inside. Lol

I thought it was fun but unfortunately I am the exact type of person they target with stuff like this.