Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Main Street Electrical Parade

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Has it been mentioned here about the corpse of MSEP is supposedly coming back to the streets of Disneyland?

Nope. But if we're bringing back a nighttime parade, where is Paint the Night?
There's been some light rumor of a modified version coming to WDW (I believe the 18 wheeler Cars float is too big for some MK turns), but i'll believe it when I see it. Disney has actually acknowledged people talking about MSEP coming back on social media using "shifty eyes" emojis. This leads me to believe it'll be announced during the D23 event in November.

DL Magic Key holders seem far less satisfied currently than WDW AP holders from what I can tell and with insane price increases, penalties for not showing up for a reservation, having to pay for parking every time, no new attractions/entertainment, and no Fantasmic or World of Color, etc, I think MSEP is more or less a way to throw them a bone.

There's been some light rumor of a modified version coming to WDW (I believe the 18 wheeler Cars float is too big for some MK turns), but i'll believe it when I see it. Disney has actually acknowledged people talking about MSEP coming back on social media using "shifty eyes" emojis. This leads me to believe it'll be announced during the D23 event in November.

DL Magic Key holders seem far less satisfied currently than WDW AP holders from what I can tell and with insane price increases, penalties for not showing up for a reservation, having to pay for parking every time, no new attractions/entertainment, and no Fantasmic or World of Color, etc, I think MSEP is more or less a way to throw them a bone.

And it's not even the bone they want. The parking trams returning would get a better reception.

By all means parade around the copse that is MSEP while PTN is rotting away out back getting the Spectromagic treatment… this is shaping up to be one hell of a 50th anniversary.
There’s been some rumblings of a modified version of PTN coming to MK (the 18 wheeler Cars float is too big for some of MK’s route), but I’ll believe it when I see it.

There’s been some rumblings of a modified version of PTN coming to MK (the 18 wheeler Cars float is too big for some of MK’s route), but I’ll believe it when I see it.

I don’t see Disney sending a nighttime parade to the MK unless it’s part of some after hours party at this point and even then it would be a stretch.

Paint the Night was far superior IMO

HOWEVER, MSEP had kind of a charming neighborhood Christmas parade vibe to it

If we're really speaking our minds I prefer the more spectacular PtN

And in MK I prefer no nighttime parades unless they're far removed from firework time lol

Paint the Night was far superior IMO

HOWEVER, MSEP had kind of a charming neighborhood Christmas parade vibe to it

If we're really speaking our minds I prefer the more spectacular PtN

And in MK I prefer no nighttime parades unless they're far removed from firework time lol
I like the idea of fireworks being done earlier at MK (say around 8 or 9 depending on time of year/when the sun sets) and then having an Electrical parade afterwards instead of beforehand.

Would rather they do this parade at DCA to spread out the crowds. I remember in 2019 when they ran the parade and THEN the fireworks 5 minutes later… madness on Main Street.

Would rather they do this parade at DCA to spread out the crowds. I remember in 2019 when they ran the parade and THEN the fireworks 5 minutes later… madness on Main Street.
I mean, they used the Disneyland hashtag, but that was just for TikTok, so there’s nothing concrete saying it won’t be DCA. They could’ve just used the Disneyland hashtag to signify which resort it’s going to.

I mean, they used the Disneyland hashtag, but that was just for TikTok, so there’s nothing concrete saying it won’t be DCA. They could’ve just used the Disneyland hashtag to signify which resort it’s going to.
True. Even if it is in DCA, the Disneyland hashtag holds more advertising power than #DisneyCaliforniaAdventure. They also could’ve used #DisneylandResort

Disney confirmed that the MSEP is returning to Disneyland for the parade's 50th anniversary. Hopefully they douse it in gasoline after this run and set it ablaze.

Disney confirmed that the MSEP is returning to Disneyland for the parade's 50th anniversary. Hopefully they douse it in gasoline after this run and set it ablaze.

giphy.gif

It’s really too bad that they have to rely on bringing back an old parade when the floats for Magic Happens are probably still in pristine condition and gathering dust at this point.

How about they just keep it in Disneyland where people appreciate it and love it? Spoiled FL brats.
Trying to figure out the logic in calling people "FL brats" when this is the third run of this parade at Disneyland since you got the parade back from us in 2016 (and you've also had two runs of PTN in that time) and we've had no nighttime parades at any of our parks since MSEP left and seeing as PTN didn't get announced for WDW as was rumored, there's nothing on the horizon for us either.

Hell, i'd 100% take MSEP in WDW, even if it is painful watching it limp up and down the street. It's about the third best option behind a completely new parade and Paint The Night, but i'd still take it over no light parade. Spoiled CA brats. ;)