Making of Disney's MGM Studios | Inside Universal Forums

Making of Disney's MGM Studios

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 8, 2010
Portland, OR
Thought I would share!

[video=youtube;OBTsFHtJtg8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBTsFHtJtg8[/video]

Especially interesting is that they used to have a street with fake homes to shoot films/tv at. Also, I don't think I would have detested the original tram tour. The one we have today is a condensed mess.

Last edited:
I actually saw this the other day, and thought it was pretty interesting. Cheesy, but it was 1989 so I'll allow it. :lol: My g/f was actually shocked I remembered that the host was from the Mickey Mouse Club.

I find it funny they say "handle 5 million guests a year" and it's consistently done nearly double that. So it's 25 years later have they doubled the offerings to accommodate double the crowds? I feel like they have but at the same time I just don't.

I find it funny they say "handle 5 million guests a year" and it's consistently done nearly double that. So it's 25 years later have they doubled the offerings to accommodate double the crowds? I feel like they have but at the same time I just don't.

I don't know about double the offerings but the current offerings have over twice the appeal. Sunset Blvd alone gives it twice the appeal.

The best part is when Michael Eisner talks about "no has the resources that we have, everyone else takes shortcuts because they are lazy, or budget, or don't know how to do it" :pound:

Wooooow things have changed

The best part is when Michael Eisner talks about "no has the resources that we have, everyone else takes shortcuts because they are lazy, or budget, or don't know how to do it" :pound:

Wooooow things have changed

LOL I thought the exact same thing. Bring back those golden years.

All disney publications re their parks are so over-hyped. The books are painful to read in that they sound like PT Barnum on cocaine. "Biggest, Best, Never been done, No one could ever duplicate, Great vision blah blah blah"

I remember the old tram tour. They even had a replica of the Golden Girls house along the "neighborhood" section. :thumbs:

If I remember correctly, while the GG house facade was a replica of the actual house used on the show in the early seasons, I believe they used the MGM facade for external shots in later seasons.

Thanks for finding this video; we went to the sneak previews and quite a bit the first couple years it was open. Brings back a lot of positive memories.