Maleficent | Inside Universal Forums

Maleficent

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
http://video.disney.com/watch/maleficent-teaser-trailer-4eb03f8c3d2d67b250438f36

Looks ok. They've really paid "homage" to Eyvind Earle & Marc Davis.

Looks like Eyvind Earle meets Tim Burton's Alice.

tumblr_lv36apDRFA1r6fwalo1_r2_1280.jpg

If this is anything like Snow White and the Huntsman I will not be seeing it. I have never been more frustrated with a movie than Snow White and the Huntsman. It's the only movie I ever walked out of. I really hope they do this one right.

I'm actually interested in seeing this. Everything looked pretty interesting, well except for the three CGI fairy godmothers (‎Flora, Fauna and Merryweather) which look atrocious compared to the rest of the CGI. Oh, I also like Lana del Rey's rendition of that song. Her voice is so haunting and I like the mood it gave the trailer.

I'm actually interested in seeing this. Everything looked pretty interesting, well except for the three CGI fairy godmothers (‎Flora, Fauna and Merryweather) which look atrocious compared to the rest of the CGI. Oh, I also like Lana del Rey's rendition of that song. Her voice is so haunting and I like the mood it gave the trailer.

Sometimes the CGI in the trailer isn't what makes it in the final movie. What you saw very well could be the unfinished product, and they're still working on the animation for the "real" movie. Same thing happened with The Dark Knight Rises trailer, where the Heinz Field scene looked bad/was unfinished in the trailer.

Sometimes the CGI in the trailer isn't what makes it in the final movie. What you saw very well could be the unfinished product, and they're still working on the animation for the "real" movie. Same thing happened with The Dark Knight Rises trailer, where the Heinz Field scene looked bad/was unfinished in the trailer.

Let's hope that's the case.

Just saw this today. It's actually pretty ok all things considered. The actors seem to be doing their best with what the somewhat flimsy script gives them to work with, the environments and visual effects are beautiful, and Jolie does look great as Maleficent (She also always has that same air about her that the original Maleficent did. She sold it pretty well). I just wish the film hadn't chosen to turn Maleficent into the hero of the story. Seeing that this film is clearly aimed towards kids, I can't say I'm surprised they went this route, but I really wish they hadn't. Although I do have my fair share of problems with this version of the tale (I really wanted more darkness, but since it's a kids' film there is almost none. I also think most of the film is pretty good except for the last 20 minutes or so), I'm still going to say I liked it....somewhat. I'd gladly recommend it to kids, I'm sure they will eat it up and ask for seconds. As for adults, you'd probably do best to look elsewhere.

2.5 Stars out of 5

Last edited:
I loved the film. Watched it on IMAX 3D and it was stunning. Jolie did an awesome job portraying Maleficent. I would have liked more darkness though. I would buy it on blue ray.

The ending definitely feels rushed, especially when they cut the 100 year sleep down substantially, but I liked it overall.

Hopefully that wasn't a spoiler.