Mardi Gras 2012 | Inside Universal Forums

Mardi Gras 2012

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
She performed there two years ago but STILL.. She's awesome and they usually don't even have any big names in February.

Kelly Clarkson again? That will be a nightmare of a crowd. Glad Universal is getting big names again, though.

Mardi Gras will run from February 11 to April 14.

When I think of February 25th, I think of Frankie Valli. February just feels like a Frankie month, to me. I could be wrong. I could also see Foreigner making a return on opening night, but that one is even less likelier than Frankie.

Personally, I think riding the floats is the fun part (almost as fun as HHN at times), but I'm sure some of you will appreciate an early guess at concerts.

Last edited:
I would like to see Drake come back since he cancelled this summer..
Kid Cudi
Lupe Fiasco
LMFAO
Adele
David Guetta
Maroon 5

When do they normally announce the lineup?

The lineup is usually announced around the end of the 1st or 2nd week of January.

As for your hopes/guesses:

- Adele has announced a UK Arena Tour starting in February of 2012
- Kid Cudi seems unlikely due to his current rock band project, unless he ends up performing with them here.
- LMFAO is touring overseas during the months for Mardi Gras
- David Guetta was just in Tampa last night and will be in Europe from March - April.
- Maroon 5 will most likely not be touring during the Mardi Gras dates due to tapings for The Voice.

Sorry to be a joy kill. :lol:

The lineup is usually announced around the end of the 1st or 2nd week of January.

As for your hopes/guesses:

- Adele has announced a UK Arena Tour starting in February of 2012
- Kid Cudi seems unlikely due to his current rock band project, unless he ends up performing with them here.
- LMFAO is touring overseas during the months for Mardi Gras
- David Guetta was just in Tampa last night and will be in Europe from March - April.
- Maroon 5 will most likely not be touring during the Mardi Gras dates due to tapings for The Voice.

Sorry to be a joy kill. :lol:

So what you're saying is, no one likes to tour in America during Mardi Gras? :lol:

lol
ok... so how about
Nicki Minaj
B.O.B.
Chris Brown
Wiz Khalifa
Bruno Mars
Katty Perry
Gym Class Heroes
Wale
One Republic

lol

Let's see :lol::

- Nicki Minaj is possible
- B.o.B was just here for Grad Bash and is working on both a solo album and a collaborative album with T.I.
- Chris Brown is working on an album which won't be out until March. Highly unlikely unless he begins touring right away and Orlando happens to be one of the first stops.
- From what I can tell, Bruno Mars' tour ends in January
- Katy Perry is taking a year long break from music ATM
- Gym Class Heroes seems possible
- Wale seems possible
- One Republic was just at Mardi Gras this year. Plus, they're currently writing an album and the first single isn't set to be released until around April.

So what you're saying is, no one likes to tour in America during Mardi Gras? :lol:
No one he likes at least. :lol:

- Nicki Minaj is possible
- B.o.B was just here for Grad Bash and is working on both a solo album and a collaborative album with T.I.
- Chris Brown is working on an album which won't be out until March. Highly unlikely unless he begins touring right away and Orlando happens to be one of the first stops.
- From what I can tell, Bruno Mars' tour ends in January
- Katy Perry is taking a year long break from music ATM
- Gym Class Heroes seems possible
- Wale seems possible
- One Republic was just at Mardi Gras this year. Plus, they're currently writing an album and the first single isn't set to be released until around April.

Who in hell are you; L.A. Reid??? Do all 20 somethings know these groups? I only know 4 of them and hardly had a library of their comings and goings.

It is time for me to be scouting nursing homes me thinks... :inquisitive:

who do you think will be there then?? lol
You're only listing current rap/pop artists. I'd expect several 70's/80's artists, at least two country artists, two or three rappers, a few pop artists, and a current rock band or two. If you want, I could get more specific in my guesses. :shrug:

Who in hell are you; L.A. Reid??? Do all 20 somethings know these groups? I only know 4 of them and hardly had a library of their comings and goings.

It is time for me to be scouting nursing homes me thinks... :inquisitive:

I was waiting for someone to ask about that. :lol: I'm a huge music guy and a drummer. Though I know all of these groups/artists, I'm generally a rock/alternative guy. I knew some of the stuff I posted, but Googled a lot of them.

The best way to predict Mardi Gras is big enough to attract a crowd, affordable enough for Universal and/or willing to perform for the trade of a VIP trip around Universal.

The main thing is affordability and the ability to attract a crowd. They always do have one or two blow out concerts but from what I've seen in years past it's because they book the person right before they peak. Most of the concerts are concerts you want to go to, but aren't anything that would sell out arenas.