Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2014

Taking the temperature of locals, BNL seems pretty popular. One of those bands few people might pay to see, but a lot of people wouldn't mind seeing if it's free. Throw in holiday weekend, I expect it to be jammed.

Fortunately Mardi Gras is on Sunday too and it's Thomas Rhett, a name I've never heard of.

It was a fun night!! I got to see the parade twice from two different places, even caught a coin! I think I might try to be on the float this Saturday instead of watching it.

Any one know what happened to the Cow Float that they used to have year after year? It was based off of New Orleans krewe of Rex signature float, it kinda looked like this-
10939348.jpg

In waiting area to throw beads. Seems a little empty compared to the last time I did this, so I bet you they take stand by again. A short stand by line too.

In waiting area to throw beads. Seems a little empty compared to the last time I did this, so I bet you they take stand by again. A short stand by line too.

Was in that line and they told us they were all full. We did see floats go by fairly empty too.

Was in that line and they told us they were all full. We did see floats go by fairly empty too.

Hmmmm... interesting. Because it seemed like it was not nearly as crowded as last time I did the bead tossing. I know on our float I felt like we could have had two more people up top with us, but there was no costumes left when they handed them out. So either they were very crowded downstairs or they are just putting less people on the floats in general.

I thought the floats looked kind of empty also last night. It also seemed like there were a lot more tweens/teens tossing beads than I've seen in the past or maybe I'm just getting old.

There were LOTS Of young foreign kids throwing last night. If I knew there were so few people I would if rode. I think I'll ride next week

I thought the floats looked kind of empty also last night. It also seemed like there were a lot more tweens/teens tossing beads than I've seen in the past or maybe I'm just getting old.

I thought the same thing. But I am getting old. So toss-up, really.

Normally a few hosses toss beads a good 20 feet back, but last night, they were barely hitting the front row of kids.

On my float the lady was really worried because she had so many minors on the float and minors cannot be on the top portion. So I believe there may have been more minors, but it had nothing to do with no people, because these were all people that either knew they were riding because they know someone who works at Universal that got them bands in advance or took advantage of the Amex deal that I took advantage of.

I don't remember passing the river boat when we were walking up to our float (we were the second float), but I think we started walking past them in the middle, so not sure.

Hmmm... didn't know about anyone from Harry Potter being there, but then again I doubt they would tell us anything unless you were on the float with them - lol

It was fun and I was trying to chuck them pretty far, the guy next to me kept laughing because I was chucking them so fast and far. But that whole underhand toss and the one bead at a time that they preach to you really stops people from chucking them far out there. I kinda listened and kinda not, but they don't yell at you when you don't listen to the rule either. In fact the lady kept saying how good of a job I was doing. lol

Supposedly the floor gave out a little on the River Boat while they were prepping it on Saturday and the float has not been signed off on by the Safety Dept. due to it being the weekend.

Got to be in the parade tonight with my boyfriend. We were on the Day of the Dead float. After being on gator the past few years, I was surprised to just barely have enough beads for the whole parade. We had a fun time though.

It is not open to anyone. You can wait in a stand by line, but it sounds like that line was not used this time. Most likely because one of the floats was down. The waiting area is back by Barney. As an AP holder you can enter a drawing to be picked, you can know someone who works there, or you can use your Amex to pay for you ticket and get on.