Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2014

Well to be fair, attending a theme park doesn't require using his vocal box to it's capacity. Either way, bad timing. But now that the news is out about his split, it makes sense and he had every right to take the weekend. Especially since he did say he will reschedule for a future date.
Did they mention if that future date will be during Mardi Gras this year or do you think he will just come back next year?

Riverboat float was back tonight, but only with people on the bottom level, top empty. Other floats seemed full, so guessing a structural issue, not simply lacking people.

At some point along the parade route, both Air and Sea lost their lighting.

Performers remain top notch--I'll go ahead and say it, best in Orlando. I watched the "Main Street" dancers basically improv routines for what felt like 5 minutes when the parade got backed up coming out of the gate. Seemed to be having a great time doing it, looked even happier when the crowd started to cheer. Not to mention almost every stilt walker said hello and high-fived virtually every little kid along the parade route; it didn't feel like "we have to do this," it felt like they were genuinely having a blast doing that.

One request for Universal: put a minimum age on bead-tossers, say 12 or even 18. Little kids are cute but they can barely make the curb. The parade is more fun when guys in a couple beers in them are really lobbing beads into the cheap seats.

If you want to pretend like you were watching Collective Soul wait no more.

[video=youtube;6Hw9KM7kYRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hw9KM7kYRI[/video]

One request for Universal: put a minimum age on bead-tossers, say 12 or even 18. Little kids are cute but they can barely make the curb. The parade is more fun when guys in a couple beers in them are really lobbing beads into the cheap seats.

I think 12 would be good. Right now it is 48 inches, so not really age dependent.

Got to see the Mardi Gras festivities this saturday at first (during the day) i saw how relatively small the mardi gras theme went it was wuite confined to just the entrance of new york with monsters cafe and the music stage adding to the area with just a couple of hints of mardi gras at the entrance of the park. (in front of the universal store) but once the sun set and the parade began it got FUN for lack of a better word

after all is said and done Mardi Gras adds incredible value to a standard ticket and even more to AP holders. Definitely something universal should continue to provide

I'll definitely be there. Was there last weekend and got proposed so who knows what kind of shenanigans I'll get into this weekend.

Foreigner - Juke Box Hero
[video=youtube;xnT_gzJg91o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnT_gzJg91o[/video]

Hot Blooded
[video=youtube;LSTrVezf1pU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSTrVezf1pU[/video]

A Great Big World last Friday just might have been the least crowded Mardi Gras I have ever seen. Not that I'm complaining.

Wish I could be there for Weezer tonight. You local peeps are so lucky!