Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mardi Gras 2020

My son is 6, do kids attend the shows? Is there room in the back of the crowd? Do they have screens?

Rain or shine?

My son is 6, do kids attend the shows? Is there room in the back of the crowd? Do they have screens?

Rain or shine?
Yes, yes and yes.

That said, there's only two screens and can only be seen from certain viewpoints and there's plenty of room in the back unless it's a huge act. I'd recommend the Monsters Cafe seating area - you can see the screen, straight on view of the stage and in most cases, you aren't in the thick of the crowds.

I've often gone and just kind of checked it out from the street rather than getting there early and staking out a spot or jockeying for a position to watch (unless it's a band I love). The video screens help a lot for those in the back.

My son is 6, do kids attend the shows?

While there's no rule against kids, keep in the artist in mind. I still remember the look on parents' faces during the Kid Rock show when he opened up with a string of F-bombs, then later made his guitar say "I love cocaine." I think Universal has asked artists to tone it down a bit since then, but it's still not EPCOT.

A little heavy on the Country music. But at least I finally got some EDM.

Diana Ross is also pretty surprising.

This is probably the strongest line-up ever for Mardi Gras.

Beats the crap out of the Eat to the Beat line-up.

Two country artists seems par for the course. Agreed Diana Ross is the biggest surprise. Overall, a lot of genres represented, and as Brian says, pretty big "gets" within those genres.

Is March 13-15 the first time we've seen 3 concert nights in a row? I can't recall that before.

Very solid lineup indeed. Haven't booked my rescheduled trip yet, but would likely be able to make it for Gavin Degraw. Although, I honestly lovveeee Earth Wind and Fire. September is my BF and I's jammmmmmm. Great lineup! Typically I don't recognize half/more than half the names but I recognized pretty much everyone on that list.