Marvel Studios' Special Presentation: Werewolf by Night (Disney+) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Marvel Studios' Special Presentation: Werewolf by Night (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Blade has A LOT of production issues right now and supposedly Mahershala Ali is pissed about it all. They're supposed to start filming in November and they don't have a script yet since they started over. There's no way the film releases next year imo anymore and unless they write a good script quick, I wouldn't be surprised if Ali just finally has enough and drops out of the project.

Not to divert, but many have alluded (I assume they have) that 2023 is no longer a viable option for Blade.

The benefactor, is that they have the next 3 months to January to figure things out for Blade, and I have to think it will take what would've been Deadpool 3's spot. And the other benefactor, is that they can take the reactions from WBN, and apply it to the new Blade project.

With how WBN wears its horror badge on its sleeve, alongside the rumored Man-Thing Special for next year; Blade learning from WBN and Moon Knight is a good start.

Not to divert, but many have alluded (I assume they have) that 2023 is no longer a viable option for Blade.

The benefactor, is that they have the next 3 months to January to figure things out for Blade, and I have to think it will take what would've been Deadpool 3's spot. And the other benefactor, is that they can take the reactions from WBN, and apply it to the new Blade project.

With how WBN wears its horror badge on its sleeve, alongside the rumored Man-Thing Special for next year; Blade learning from WBN and Moon Knight is a good start.
Bouncing off of this in a way, after seeing this, my Midnight Sons roster is now the following:

Elsa Bloodstone
Blade
Moon Knight
Ghost Rider
The Hood
Doctor Strange (Sinister Strange)

I expect Midnight Sons to be a major thing in the next saga.

I think if they're smart

Elsa Bloodstone
Blade (as the leader role)
Moon Knight (Steven & Marc)
Ghost Rider
Werewolf by Night
Black Knight
Doctor Strange (Albeit as the Nick Fury role)

Ah, I forgot about Black Knight!

Eternals, despite what people would probably wish, continues to be what is probably the biggest film of Phase 4 in it's impact and ripple effect. Having it continue with Blade teaching Whitman how to use the sword makes complete sense.

Werewolf By Night in the Midnight Suns paradigm would act similar to Hulk, and could be something that can be toggled by that of the Bloodstone too; so you could call it an Inverse-Hulk.

Reactions: Nick
A new special every few years with different horror-adjacent characters would be cool. It doesn’t even need to be considered canon. I’m cool with just a one-off that’s fun, but doesn’t have to fit into the larger picture.

Oh man that would be cool. Let's get a Tomb of Dracula special!

I thought Werewolf by Night was awesome. It felt so fresh and different. Loved Man-Thing. More of this, please!

Werewolf by Night was very beautiful. Beautiful everything. The guy and the monster had better chemistry and were nicer to watch than anything in Thor 4 lol :lol:

I really loved it and I wish it was longer. The one marvel project that actually deserved to be 6 episodes turns out to be 50 minutes ... Pretty sad.
I know that this will probably come back later but I wanted much more
The lead guy was very charming to watch and I loved how it ends. I'm surprised that this is related to marvel, with how dark and violent it was. Feels like a fluke compared to anything from phase 4
I want MORE. this was too short. The best thing marvel has done recently

Last edited:
Reactions: belloq87 and Nick
Werewolf by Night was very beautiful. Beautiful everything. The guy and the monster had better chemistry and were nicer to watch than anything in Thor 4 lol :lol:

I really loved it and I wish it was longer. The one marvel project that actually deserved to be 6 episodes turns out to be 50 minutes ... Pretty sad.
I know that this will probably come back later but I wanted much more
The lead guy was very charming to watch and I loved how it ends. I'm surprised that this is related to marvel, with how dark and violent it was. Feels like a fluke compared to anything from phase 4
I want MORE. this was too short. The best thing marvel has done recently
Not every story needs to be long

Its why it has a high score because it’s long enough and there isn’t a boring moment

I hope Disney starts using Disney plus for more specials like this over filler crapier shows

You say that, but if it was 6 episodes, a lot of us would've probably grown tired of it. They add so much useless fluff into the series' whereas they were able to keep Werewolf By Night tight and actually really good.

Not every story needs to be long

Its why it has a high score because it’s long enough and there isn’t a boring moment

I hope Disney starts using Disney plus for more specials like this over filler crapier shows
You say that, but if it was 6 episodes, a lot of us would've probably grown tired of it. They add so much useless fluff into the series' whereas they were able to keep Werewolf By Night tight and actually really good.

I know you guys are right, but I really wanted to see where they go next. I loved these two characters so much.

I know you guys are right, but I really wanted to see where they go next. I loved these two characters so much.
Ohhh don't worry after the reaction it got, we will be seeing more of them along with other monsters.

Dont forget this is the start of the dark magic in the MCU, Blade, Ghost Rider and Moon Knight all connect to these characters and sure they will be back

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Finally got around to watching this and it honestly delivered!

I absolutely loved Giacchino's handling of this, from the cinematography chock full of film tears, cigarette burns and some very nice use of color, to the heavy reliance of practical effects, to the choice of making this all self-contained and not trying to set-up some sort of bigger picture which has honestly hampered previous films/series recently. This wasn't just a great intro to Jack, Man-Thing and Elsa Bloodstone, but it was a great homage to the classic monster films as well.

Doing this as a one-off special was the right way to go, it's an easy watch and it lacks the filler that a lot of the series has been falling into. I really hope they do more of these in general, or at least for Marvel's monsters.

Rewatched the special and watched some of it in color (better then expected)

I think while I love No Way Home, this project is by far Marvel best thing they have done since Endgame. It just works and is really a great Halloween special but also just a simple story that works well for the MCU. I hope they get to work on more side projects for these characters and lore.

Reactions: belloq87