Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't understand why they make things so difficult. A carousel themed to Mary Poppins in the UK pavilion is about as easy as it gets. Sure it wouldn't be anything grandiose, but it wouldn't take up that much room, it wouldn't be too costly and the theme fits perfectly. What the heck is the hold up here?!?! I swear sometimes I think I could do a better job than some of the people running the show at WDW.

I don't understand why they make things so difficult. A carousel themed to Mary Poppins in the UK pavilion is about as easy as it gets. Sure it wouldn't be anything grandiose, but it wouldn't take up that much room, it wouldn't be too costly and the theme fits perfectly. What the heck is the hold up here?!?! I swear sometimes I think I could do a better job than some of the people running the show at WDW.
You see, it's easy to armchair imagineer and park manage, but there are so many factors that we aren't even aware of. It's fun to speculate and discuss but the answer is never as simple as we like to think.

I knew the UK dark ride was a longshot because of the $$ they rake in for private events at the millennial pavilion, but I really hope they don't screw up a beautiful and well themed UK with a Dumbo or ASS type spinner.
A Jolly Holiday, period themed carousel will be fine, thank you. Not what I want, but at least within theme.

You know I’ll come out and say no on this.

Epcot is a lot like USF in that all the attractions* are indoors based. They need something out door and smaller in scale to balance out the offerings.

*Test Track and it’s 20 seconds outside not withstanding
That may be the case but flat rides don’t fit in Epcot in my opinion. Just because all the rides are indoors doesn’t take away from the park .

Reactions: therock
That may be the case but flat rides don’t fit in Epcot in my opinion. Just because all the rides are indoors doesn’t take away from the park .

To be honest, I don't agree. I think flats can help flesh out a small area, especially if it's intended for those who may not be equipped to do Frozen, TT, Mission Space, or even the upcoming Guardians.

To be honest, I don't agree. I think flats can help flesh out a small area, especially if it's intended for those who may not be equipped to do Frozen, TT, Mission Space, or even the upcoming Guardians.
I think people were expecting a little more from Disney considering Epcot is getting a makeover. Wanting something more than a cheap flat ride is not taking the prospect of adding other smaller rides away.

Reactions: therock
I think people were expecting a little more from Disney considering Epcot is getting a makeover. Wanting something more than a cheap flat ride is not taking the prospect of adding other smaller rides away.

Just saying this, there's more coming to Epcot though than just Poppins, Guardians, and Ratatouille.

There is still wondering of what they have planned for that Epcot Hotel, the new China film, and a lot more being developed. We'll probably get a clearer picture next year in August, but I think doing something small with Poppins may make sense on a logistical standpoint.

You know how many people complain about Epcot not having “rides” because they’re all indoors and not coasters? A lot.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I’m bummed if it’s not a dark ride, but the park desperately needs more kid-friendly attractions. A cheap “permanent” playground in Future World is evidence that they’re aware of the issue and are working to add more kid-friendly offerings. Sure, I’d rather have something better than a flat ride, but I’m not gonna say no to more things my nieces can actually ride at the park when they visit.

I’m bummed if it’s not a dark ride, but the park desperately needs more kid-friendly attractions. A cheap “permanent” playground in Future World is evidence that they’re aware of the issue and are working to add more kid-friendly offerings. Sure, I’d rather have something better than a flat ride, but I’m not gonna say no to more things my nieces can actually ride at the park when they visit.

If the only capital expenditures over five years was a carousel then yeah, but were getting much more than that. There’s a new dark ride next door!

Heck add some flat rides themed to something where Africa is now.

If the only capital expenditures over five years was a carousel then yeah, but were getting much more than that. There’s a new dark ride next door!

Heck add some flat rides themed to something where Africa is now.
I’m looking forward to the Ratatouille ride to an undeservedly high level right now. It’s my favorite Pixar film, and regardless of how not great people say the ride is in Paris, I’m ridiculously excited for it to open in Epcot.

A carousel is quite large and the buildings in the pavilion are build smaller than real scale and would look significantly smaller with a big ass carousel next to it. Sure Toy Story Land doesn't give a hoot about correct scales but I am still hoping the Disney Company is taking World Showcase a bit more seriously (although I'm sure they'll disappoint me again.

A carousel is quite large and the buildings in the pavilion are build smaller than real scale and would look significantly smaller with a big ass carousel next to it. Sure Toy Story Land doesn't give a hoot about correct scales but I am still hoping the Disney Company is taking World Showcase a bit more seriously (although I'm sure they'll disappoint me again.
This will be off to the side where the gardens are. It will be like a city park setting.

I’m looking forward to the Ratatouille ride to an undeservedly high level right now. It’s my favorite Pixar film, and regardless of how not great people say the ride is in Paris, I’m ridiculously excited for it to open in Epcot.
UK Trigg rode it in France last year and he told me he thought it was pretty good. I trust his judgement since our tastes in what to expect of a ride are generally similar. So, like you, I'm looking forward to it.

A carousel won't fit into a nice park setting in the UK pavilion because its a flat ride? I guess the carousel in Magic Kingdom should be removed then.