Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

UK Trigg rode it in France last year and he told me he thought it was pretty good. I trust his judgement since our tastes in what to expect of a ride are generally similar. So, like you, I'm looking forward to it.
I had the opportunity to ride the RAT in France. I really enjoyed the experience I believe Epcot nailed importing this attraction, unfortunately the times of savoring my cheese plate with wine at that pavillon are doomed.

And we’re back to spinner flat for UK, again:

Wow... this is a huge downgrade.

And a Spinner is not what I want at all unless it means they're finally going to get rid of Magic Carpets at MK and just move the ride system over to Epcot. That would then be a win for both parks. UK gains an attraction and Adventureland loses lackluster attraction that causes massive congestion.

Honestly I don't want WDC to build anything I wanted (dark ride/carousel goes in that way) . I want them to do something amazing that I did not know I wanted. :grin:

This is also applies to UOR, and lately they are doing a great job, just look to that amazing Hagrid's coaster.

Honestly I don't want WDC to build anything I wanted (dark ride/carousel goes in that way) . I want them to do something amazing that I did not know I wanted. :grin:

This is also applies to UOR, and lately they are doing a great job, just look to that amazing Hagrid's coaster.
What if it was a dark ride where you sit on a trackless carousel vehicles. At one point all the vehicles come together under a carousel like canopy and twirl around. There are different possibilities for ride tracks too, kind of like the Efteling darkride.
#rentmeasanimagineeryoustupiddisney

What if it was a dark ride where you sit on a trackless carousel vehicles. At one point all the vehicles come together under a carousel like canopy and twirl around. There are different possibilities for ride tracks too, kind of like the Efteling darkride.
#rentmeasanimagineeryoustupiddisney
That's basically Tony Baxter's old pitch for a Poppins ride, isn't it?

This video is incredibly interesting with Baxter talking about it:

That's basically Tony Baxter's old pitch for a Poppins ride, isn't it?

This video is incredibly interesting with Baxter talking about it:

Never seen this one. My concept is a bit different with different ride vehicles instead of mini carousals but it's very close. Great minds clearly think alike lol.

Heck add some flat rides themed to something where Africa is now.
The most redundant and useless area in all of Epcot.

Just a ton of concrete with huts, facepainting and a bunch of crappy kiosks. We have a top notch land over at DAK for Africa. Epcot’s “Africa” is an embarrassment.

I’d rather Brazil go there and they tear it down vs putting Brazil in an expansion spot. Sometimes less is more.

Just a ton of concrete with huts, facepainting and a bunch of crappy kiosks. We have a top notch land over at DAK for Africa. Epcot’s “Africa” is an embarrassment.

I’d rather Brazil go there and they tear it down vs putting Brazil in an expansion spot. Sometimes less is more.
To be honest I kind of agree or they could do another African country like South Africa and based it upon Cape Town which is so beautiful.

They are purposefully avoiding using that plot until they absolutely have to since anything built on it would need to be be built like a giant bomb shelter due to the close proximity to the Illuminations Marina.

They are purposefully avoiding using that plot until they absolutely have to since anything built on it would need to be be built like a giant bomb shelter due to the close proximity to the Illuminations Marina.
Or you could dump Illuminatons....

To be honest I kind of agree or they could do another African country like South Africa and based it upon Cape Town which is so beautiful.

Right. It’s just “Africa”. Then, um, what is Morocco?

So Taiwan or South Korea for that plot?

Or you could dump Illuminatons....

If only another show were replacing it... ;)

Over on magic, Marni said he was surprised this was not announced at the Destination D event.
Anyone here know if it was pulled as Disney wanted to see how MPR did at the box office before deciding what ride to build?

Over on magic, Marni said he was surprised this was not announced at the Destination D event.
Anyone here know if it was pulled as Disney wanted to see how MPR did at the box office before deciding what ride to build?
It'd be neat if they waited to announce it during one of the Christmas specials on ABC. Not gonna happen, but it'd be neat if it did.