Mary Poppins Returns (2018) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Mary Poppins Returns (2018)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a friend who is working post production on this and they said that they typically really don't like these types of films but he had to admit that he actually really likes what he's seen and thinks it should turn out very well. And apparently it's first test screening went really well. So take that info as you wish!

Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins seems to be perfect casting and I don't think that Teaser was supposed to get anyone jumping for joy. It was just supposed to show off the general feel of the film while reminding people that the movie is coming out later this year.

1. I don't judge the actions of a director by just one film, even though I do think Into the Woods was a bit weak.

2. I watched it around Christmas, and to be honest, not every film has to make sense. Sometimes, the best film doesn't have to be something with a message that symbolizes that films time, but it can be a film just to have fun with.
The Cohen brothers would agree with you lol :lol:

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Disney has pushed up the release date of the film by a week, to December 19th. I wonder what the reasoning behind that is. Christmas Day seemed like a pretty optimal release date for this type of film.

Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns, Starring Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda, Pushes Up Release Date | Playbill

My guess is they want a head start on Aquaman and Bumblebee (I know they play to different audiences but all are still banking on nostalgia) and this will give them an extra week where families are out of school.

Reactions: jtsalien and Nick
I love how its looks visually but something seems off and I just don't know exactly what it is....

My beef, lies with Ben Whishaw. It's not that he's a bad actor in this, but I think he may of had some..directional issues with how he acts.

Outside of that and using a similar formula to the original as it seems, I am in love with the effect work (including Animation), and Emily Blunt sounds amazing in her range so-far.

As the meme goes, shut up and take my money, 2D Animation (with Penguins!!); check. Snarky, almost rude comments from MP; check. Another dreadful attempt at a Cockney accent; check! (well, he is Bert's protege); Dick Van Dyke dancing on a table at 91 years old!!; check. And what looks to be extravaganza of musical dance numbers; check.

If this didn't have Lin-Manuel Miranda attached i'd be MUCH less excited for this as I know he wrote all of the songs for this movie.

I'm still not overly excited, but I do love the look of it, especially the animation and Emily Blunt seems to pull off a very convincing Mary.

If this didn't have Lin-Manuel Miranda attached i'd be MUCH less excited for this as I know he wrote all of the songs for this movie.

I'm still not overly excited, but I do love the look of it, especially the animation and Emily Blunt seems to pull off a very convincing Mary.

Miranda wrote no songs for this film. Its Marc Shaiman (Hairspray).

So I'm surprised that this hasn't been mentioned..but the film has not only been buzzing extremely well, but even to a level that may signify interest in this being possible Oscar game.

We'll see how it fares with the Golden Globes nominations. Because of the divided "Best Picture" categories, it's certainly going to score a nom there, but if it gets several more, it could signal broader strength heading deeper into the awards season.