Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Matt Ouimet to leave Cedar Fair

I don’t think it’s coincidental that yesterday Bob doubled down on stepping down from Disney in 2019 and this news comes out today.
Matt Ouimet doesn't have any business experience outside of theme parks or in Hollywood. If he's on a short list, Disney would have to hire him immediately and place him in an entertainment related role. Then, he would have enough experience to take Iger's job.

I am always amazed how you people know the names of all these movers and shakers in the biz.
Ouimet has been a big name in the buisness for 10+ years now. I think he's the former head of Disney Parks and Resorts (or was he a VP?).

Either way, Disney or Universal would be lucky to have him.

I am really impressed with the way he turned things around for Cedar Fair. He is exactly what the Disney theme park division needs as a leader, and I think the whole Disney company would do well under him.

I can't wait to Sea where he ends up.
i-see-what-you-did-there-gif-10.gif

Ouimet has been a big name in the buisness for 10+ years now. I think he's the former head of Disney Parks and Resorts (or was he a VP?).

Either way, Disney or Universal would be lucky to have him.

No, he was passed over.

Ouimet was at WDW and DCL before being sent to DLR for that stint and single handedly salvaged anything of note for their 50th Anniversary.