May 2014 Transatlantic Disney Cruise, and Europe | Inside Universal Forums

May 2014 Transatlantic Disney Cruise, and Europe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 8, 2010
Portland, OR
This May, I am celebrating my Master's Degree Graduation by taking a 12 night Transatlantic Disney Cruise on the Disney Magic from Port Canaveral to Barcelona and then Backpacking through Europe. We are going From Barcelona to Paris to Munich to Florence to Rome. We plan to stop at Disneyland Paris while in Paris. I am making this thread to get any advice, hints, things to do, restaurants, or places to visit while in those cities. Let me know if there are requests for photos of certain places/things as well. Thank you!

Sounds amazing! Congrats on that achievement and have the best time on your trip! :cheers: I've always wanted to travel to and throughout Europe... One day... Anyways, hope to see a trip report and lots of pictures of all those places, not just Disneyland Paris :thumbs:

I really don't have any advice but congrats on the degree!!

Head over to Port Aventura, about an hour by train from Barcelona. Shambahala is worth the trip alone.

Also Park Astrix is right near DLP so have a look there. Also do yourself a favour and avoid DLP at the weekend, especially Disney Studios as that is not open as late, and Tower of Terror and Aerosmith will be over 2 hour waits.

Enjoy though, I'm sure you'll enjoy!

Thanks for the tips so far! We are planning on going on a Tuesday and Wednesday to DLP. So I hope that is better. I also changed my Munich stop to Interlaken, Switzerland.

interlaken%20wallpaper.jpg

I for one didn't like DLP but would rather visit Europa Park (Germany) and Efteling (Netherlands) but that is just me.
Have a great time and don't get mugged at Montmartre. ;-)

I'm planning a trip to DLP this year too. Why didn't you like DLP, tielo?

I was on the med cruise this time last year, I am jealous. Have a great time and I look forward to your trip report.

Part I:

These pictures encapsulate our first three days on the ship. We stopped at Castaway Cay on the 2nd day. I did not take very many photos on the first day. This was my first experience on the Disney Magic, I had previously sailed the Fantasy. After cruising both, I really like the newer class of ships. The layouts are great and the restaurants are themed much better. I will say that the Magic was really great itself. Our waitstaff was the best waitstaff I have ever had on a cruise. Mizar and Valentina was AWESOME! I really enjoyed the changes on the ships and the atrium, while small was very nice. In fact, the ship seemed to be in GREAT shape overall. It did not seem as old as it is. One of the main problems I noticed was the location of the drink station being all the aft instead of centralized in the newer ships. I also thought that O'Gill's was MUCH better on this ship. I like the expanded design. Food was great in the dinning rooms and I swear I gained like 20lbs... Cabanas (the buffet) was pretty terrible throughout. More on that later. Here is the first three days in a few photos:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

New D-Lounge: Went to a cheese tasting. It was not very entertaining
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Went to a Martini tasting
ry%3D400

Favorite bathroom in the Afterhours area!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

New Restaurant- Carioca's
ry%3D480

ry%3D400

They let the Adults play in kids areas afterhours! The Slinky Slide is the best.... Very fun after a few drinks.
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Stay tuned for the rest of the report... I took way more photos later in the trip, so each post will most likely have more.

Last edited:
Reactions: UK-Trigg
Sounds like you had a blast. Your photos brought back memories of my own past cruise, looking forward to seeing more.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an easy photo hosting? I never posted photos because the new flickr was kind of annoying. I have a ton of photos from Disneyland Paris and Europe left.

Just saw this thread. I'm actually on the Magic's September repositioning cruise in the other direction, 11 days from Barcelona to Miami. Glad to read your positive report!

Just saw this thread. I'm actually on the Magic's September repositioning cruise in the other direction, 11 days from Barcelona to Miami. Glad to read your positive report!

The 12 days were great. Best service I have ever had on a cruise ever. I'm going to upload the rest of the photos today.

Here is a link to my Disneyland Paris trip:
http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/jlnorris1025/library/Disneyland%20Paris

I'm going to update this with thoughts soon. Space Mountain 2.0 is AWESOME and way better than ours. It also had a walkthrough attraction ride outside themed to 20,000 leagues under the sea. You basically tour the ship and at one point the giant squid attacks the ship. Crush's Coaster is one of the best and most fun indoor coasters I have ever been on. Pizza Planet was pretty lackluster but super cheap.

I'm going to add the rest of the trip into chunks.

Last edited: