Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow, last I heard RR was set for summer 2019. (in fact there's a panel on it at this November's Destination D) Wonder what delayed things.
I could be wrong. I hope I am. Last I had heard though, the opening of the ride was going to be much closer to SWGE than not (September/October). Then again, if it opens in September, it technically could still open in "Summer". Hopefully we get a time frame on the ride at Destination D.

I think it would be a mistake for Disney not to have Runaway Railway ready for Summer of 2019 (so much so that I just assumed that was the plan to begin with).

Also, based on what we know about the ride, I struggle to see how it could still need another 16 - 18 months to be ready. The building's there and the sets inside are going to mostly be unthemed projection surfaces (which will move to some degree, yes, but still).

Reactions: Ryno27
I think it would be a mistake for Disney not to have Runaway Railway ready for Summer of 2019 (so much so that I just assumed that was the plan to begin with).

Also, based on what we know about the ride, I struggle to see how it could still need another 16 - 18 months to be ready. The building's there and the sets inside are going to mostly be unthemed projection surfaces (which will move to some degree, yes, but still).
With new tech and the first trackless for WDW I can see them wanting to tweak, test, and trial this thing a good deal before opening, and that's going to take time.

(First trackless besides closed moving theaters and a guide-wire Tower of Terror car that is, for you sticklers for details out there.)

That's very VERY weird to have a massive addition and an E-ticket open so late in the year. Usually they have everything ready for Summer. The only time I recall a park opening something so late in the year was when Knott's opened Silver Bullet for '04. I cant recall a major park like Disney or Universal open something as late as Fall or Winter.
I can’t like this enough. I’ve been waiting for this technology since I first tried a demo similar to this:

I genuinely think this ride will be labelled as a huge jump forward in screen and ride technology.

This is what SCREENZ should be.

Holy chicken nuggets, that's even BETTER than 3D! That's absolutely incredible.

I can’t like this enough. I’ve been waiting for this technology since
That's true. With Jhony Chung's tech, the screen would "follow" your (the veichle) field of vision.

I genuinely think this ride will be labelled as a huge jump forward in screen and ride technology.

This is what SCREENZ should be.

I agree with you. I have high hopes of being more surprised by this ride than by the two SWGE attractions

Then in that case, I thought Runaway Railway was going to use layered Projection Mapping, on a scale larger than Alice in Wonderland from Disneyland?

Because I think Penguin may be referring to perhaps some other project. Perhaps they have decided on Wonders of Life's attraction?
I would not be surprised if Dr. Strange ends up in WoL Pavilion with some high tech projection mapping/Kuka Arm based screen attraction.

That's very VERY weird to have a massive addition and an E-ticket open so late in the year. Usually they have everything ready for Summer. The only time I recall a park opening something so late in the year was when Knott's opened Silver Bullet for '04. I cant recall a major park like Disney or Universal open something as late as Fall or Winter.

Holy chicken nuggets, that's even BETTER than 3D! That's absolutely incredible.
Disney opened the FLE and TT2.0 in the fall of 2012.

Reactions: tankart150