Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yep, I think it'll be a hit. I would have preferred classic Mickey, but it still looks great.

The reaction to this style seems incredibly mixed but I love it.

Unpopular opinion time. I'm more hyped for this than I am Potter.
  • I think the technology for this is fascinating
  • I don't really care for Potter as an IP
  • I've probably wasted most of the surprises for Potter for myself
  • This project is still shrouded in myster

The reaction to this style seems incredibly mixed but I love it.

Unpopular opinion time. I'm more hyped for this than I am Potter.
  • I think the technology for this is fascinating
  • I don't really care for Potter as an IP
  • I've probably wasted most of the surprises for Potter for myself
  • This project is still shrouded in myster
There's not that much mystery for this one for me. WDWNT even did a scene by scene description of the entire ride. Unfortunately, I just can't help myself but read everything about everything.

What cannot be described though, is how astonishing the 2.5 D effect may actually be once we see for it ourselves. I am prepared to be amazed by the magic of it. Hope it lives up to the hype I have in my own mind.

There's not that much mystery for this one for me. WDWNT even did a scene by scene description of the entire ride. Unfortunately, I just can't help myself but read everything about everything.

What cannot be described though, is how astonishing the 2.5 D effect may actually be once we see for it ourselves. I am prepared to be amazed by the magic of it. Hope it lives up to the hype I have in my own mind.

I must have missed the scene by scene description but I’ll give it a miss to leave some mystery.

In the probable event that I return to Orlando in 2020, I’d like some surprises.

Reactions: jtsalien and Alicia
So, I was trying to read through this. What are the ride vehicles? I initially thought maybe trackless individual cars but this looks to be connected cars. Are they just going to use the old GMR vehicles?

TSL looks like a county fair, SWGE will bring the type of crowds that will keep me away for years, but this looks awesome. I may consider buying a hopper for the first time ever for this.

More stuff being added to DHS is always a good thing.
It would've been nice if this was an addition. Instead they chose the easy route and closed GMR for it. It belongs in Animation Courtyard.

So, I was trying to read through this. What are the ride vehicles? I initially thought maybe trackless individual cars but this looks to be connected cars. Are they just going to use the old GMR vehicles?
Cars are not connected as they will split off during the ride.

I think the general assumption is that it will be open by the summer season next year, but there has been nothing official.
Len Testa recently stated he had heard May 1, 2019, but the timeline i've been hearing more of is August-October. @Marni1971 and other insiders on Magic continue to say that it would take them really cranking it up to be open by May 1 or any time around then.

If they want it open for the Summer though, it will be open for the summer. It's all about if they actually care about when it opens. The ride is barely gonna get any attention next year though considering it will be dwarfed by two separate SW:GE openings by the Disney PR machine.

Last edited:
Point is this is the same perspective shifting Spider-man, Transformers, and Gringotts uses. It seems what this ride will use are blank sets that move/change to augment projection mapping.

But it's Disney, so it blows Spider-man away!!

This demo is quite impressive. But it is also from a single perfect view point, controlled by a robot mounted camera in sync with the other robots. Very cool, but once it scales up, it will be less impressive, and yup, get to pretty much what Universal has been doing for decades. Even Ratatouille uses fixed perspective for a much less impressive ride, 15 years post Spidey.

Nice for Disney to finally join the late 20th century for dark rides. But I see no way MMMR will use this tech and outshine Star Wars.

It'll just be another screen ride Disney puts in all the time.