Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

Opening it right before SW Land opens almost makes the entire investment worthless. It will sell no hotel rooms, it will draw no one there. They will all be going for SW, and go ride this too.

Opening in Summer would have kept the Studios from getting record low attendance as everyone waits for SW Land to open.

I can't imagine they are happy about this.
I guess you don't understand that DHS needs all the capacity it can get and with the expected long waits for Galaxy's Edge having something else to do in the park helps with that.

On that note it needs 4 more attractions. The park is going to be crushed when Star Wars opens. And the new offerings are lopsided. With Toy Story Land, This, and Star Wars, it will be the place every one visits but it's the least equipped park in Orlando to deal with the crowd that's about to happen.

I guess you don't understand that DHS needs all the capacity it can get and with the expected long waits for Galaxy's Edge having something else to do in the park helps with that.

I get both sides.

On the one hand, this may help diverge the crowds coming for Galaxy's Edge...although, you have to deal with how the attraction is rather..shall we say, unique: in the trackless design with the digital mapping. It may lead to quite a few problems, if handled the wrong way.

On that note it needs 4 more attractions. The park is going to be crushed when Star Wars opens. And the new offerings are lopsided. With Toy Story Land, This, and Star Wars, it will be the place every one visits but it's the least equipped park in Orlando to deal with the crowd that's about to happen.

And it's getting a direct feed of gondolas from multiple resorts to add to the chaos.

Supposedly there are some plans in the works for more stuff to come according to Marni over on the magic forum.

And the sheep will still pay $125 a day and swear that Pandora is completely different than Soarin, and totally worth it.

As for more rides at the Studios, they still need an updated Indy. But anything there would be 3-4 years out. Remember, this is Disney, it's taking them 3 years to rebuild Tron from Shanghai in a park desperately needing a new E ticket.

A Tron ride completely lacking in real Tron theming, but that's a whole other issue.

And the sheep will still pay $125 a day and swear that Pandora is completely different than Soarin, and totally worth it.

As for more rides at the Studios, they still need an updated Indy. But anything there would be 3-4 years out. Remember, this is Disney, it's taking them 3 years to rebuild Tron from Shanghai in a park desperately needing a new E ticket.

A Tron ride completely lacking in real Tron theming, but that's a whole other issue.

uh..Pandora is different than Soarin.

I find Soarin, boring, but FoP is amazing for a motion simulator.

Meanwhile, after 2021, Animal Kingdom will once again have the least amount of rides at the resort.

At least they have a good-sized collection of rides
Meanwhile, after 2021, Animal Kingdom will once again have the least amount of rides at the resort.

At least there’s other things to do beside the rides *stares at DHS*

And it’s not like AK has a extremely low collection of rides like DHS had. Counting the Safari, they currently have eight rides (Everest, Kali, Dinosaur, the two Dinorama rides, FoP, Navi, and the Safari). They’ll be fine.

At least they have a good-sized collection of rides

At least there’s other things to do beside the rides *stares at DHS*

And it’s not like AK has a extremely low collection of rides like DHS had. Counting the Safari, they currently have eight rides (Everest, Kali, Dinosaur, the two Dinorama rides, FoP, Navi, and the Safari). They’ll be fine.
Yea, but I was comparing it to Epcot and DHS *after* their new rides open. I'm saying, maybe DHS doesn't need more more rides after Star Wars (at least not immediately,) because it will be in line with the other non-MK parks.

DHS: Tower of Terror, Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, the two TSL rides, Mickey & Minnie, Star Wars Battle, Star Wars Falcon

9 rides. More than Animal Kingdom.

Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Guardians Coaster, Mission Space, Test Track, Nemo (if you count that), Living with the Land, Soarin, Imagination, Mexico, Frozen, Ratatouille

11 rides

And of course DHS and Epcot have more to do besides the rides, just like Animal Kingdom. DAK has animal paths and a few shows. Epcot has a few shows and exhibits. And DHS has a lot of shows and a couple exhibits.

Now, if they wanna close down some of the shows in DHS for new rides, that'd be one thing, but after Star Wars, it looks to be pretty evenly matched with the other non-MK parks to me. And I would love to see another new ride or land added to DAK next, especially since once again, it'll have the least amount of rides of all the parks.

Bring on Australia or South America! Boooo Zootopia light retheme of Planet Watch, booo!
I don't really care if they retheme Rafiki. Maybe it's cool for kids but I always thought it was boring as all hell. Glad to see they decided to reopen it in some form though. I never like to see an area closed down and nothing replacing it.

Yea, but I was comparing it to Epcot and DHS *after* their new rides open. I'm saying, maybe DHS doesn't need more more rides after Star Wars (at least not immediately,) because it will be in line with the other non-MK parks.

DHS: Tower of Terror, Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, the two TSL rides, Mickey & Minnie, Star Wars Battle, Star Wars Falcon

9 rides. More than Animal Kingdom.

Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Guardians Coaster, Mission Space, Test Track, Nemo (if you count that), Living with the Land, Soarin, Imagination, Mexico, Frozen, Ratatouille

11 rides

And of course DHS and Epcot have more to do besides the rides, just like Animal Kingdom. DAK has animal paths and a few shows. Epcot has a few shows and exhibits. And DHS has a lot of shows and a couple exhibits.

Now, if they wanna close down some of the shows in DHS for new rides, that'd be one thing, but after Star Wars, it looks to be pretty evenly matched with the other non-MK parks to me. And I would love to see another new ride or land added to DAK next, especially since once again, it'll have the least amount of rides of all the parks.

But ride type matters. DHS will have a BIG collection of expensive rides.

Epcot has quite a few short, or very tame "rides". They are gaining one high thrill ride. Really their first. I never understood how going 65 miles an hour in a car was a huge deal.

AK has some carnival rides, a roller coaster missing it's biggest thematic stunt, a dumbfounding rapids ride that is basically just a drop. Plus of course a clone of Disney's best dark ride that has dinosaurs on a stick, and scary bushes.

DHS will be the high thrill park for sure, with almost nothing for young kids.

Epcot, oddly enough, has the most kids rides, and a few big rides, plus are building possibly the biggest thrill ride at WDW. Of course they have a centrifuge too.

Last edited:
Seems like AK is OK now that they've added Pandora and it's two rides. AK really needed another land with substance.

It's OK in the sense that most of what's there is quality, but I still don't think it's truly a full day park. Just on my recent trip, we spent 6 hours in the park (or 6.5, if you want to count being let into Pandora early), and hit most of the major attractions - both Pandora rides, the Safari, Lion King, Kali, Everest (twice), Dinosaur (3 times!), Primeval Whirl, It's Tough to be a Bug, and the Africa walking trail.

I felt satisfied by the day, certainly, but several more rides wouldn't hurt.

Still a lot of work to be done inside the GMR building according to some new backstage shots. The old preshow theater has divider walls up to create a new queue space.