Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm really surprised they're not further along inside there. I see now why people are thinking this won't open until fall of 2019.

Yeah, hard to say how much of the building we're seeing here, but it looks like NONE of the ride is built yet. I think 12 months is VERY aggressive for the timetable. Very odd. This ride will be swallowed up by Star Wars. And it COULD be quite the ride. I'm holding my breath this is actually a Spider-man level ride, and not Ratatouille level.

Reactions: Ryno27
Yeah, hard to say how much of the building we're seeing here, but it looks like NONE of the ride is built yet. I think 12 months is VERY aggressive for the timetable. Very odd. This ride will be swallowed up by Star Wars. And it COULD be quite the ride. I'm holding my breath this is actually a Spider-man level ride, and not Ratatouille level.
The trackless ride floor is definitely down and has been been for some time now. RVs are in there as well.

In fairness all the photos were seeing are the old indoor queue and theater area, ride could be coming along as they wait to install the preshow for later.

In fairness all the photos were seeing are the old indoor queue and theater area, ride could be coming along as they wait to install the preshow for later.

There are several photos where we seem to be clearly seeing into the gutted showbuilding proper, though.

Are we allowed to post some of those photos in here? Some are very illuminating about the state of the project.
Embed a tweet with the images rather than the images themselves. I think that way the site isn't hosting them, and maybe that will be okay.

I think these tweets cover them all:

Reactions: Ryno27 and belloq87
Embed a tweet with the images rather than the images themselves. I think that way the site isn't hosting them, and maybe that will be okay.

I think these tweets cover them all:

These images make it appear as though very, very little has been done to (at least a lot of) the main showspace other than gutting what was in there.

These images make it appear as though very, very little has been done to (at least a lot of) the main showspace other than gutting what was in there.
The date information was left embedded in the picture files. These were taken back in May/June. Things are likely much further along now.

Leaving the date info in the pictures was a bad mistake, whoever took these is likely already fired.

The date information was left embedded in the picture files. These were taken back in May/June. Things are likely much further along now.

Leaving the date info in the pictures was a bad mistake, whoever took these is likely already fired.
Yea, excellent point.

Plus, most of the photos are taken in the front part of the building where the queue rooms and load platform will be. These may be the last areas to be worked on, and the rest could be farther along.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
If these are 3-4 months old, that's certainly better, but Disney has been insanely slow to build rides. This ride may be almost all screens though, so it could be a pretty simple build.

I've got to think they want this in "Summer" 2019 very badly.

I feel like these are not current. At least two months old and taken over the course of multiple days. I also agree with whoever stated that this person probably used to but no longer works at WDW.

I don't think they were intentionally hiding the date. Their YouTube video has the date on it although recently uploaded.

Yes the completion date was ambitious but delays happen. If Disney felt like they could complete the project by next year than that is on them. However I won’t be mad if they need a little time to make sure the ride is done right and not rushed.

Projection-based, yes, but technically not on "screens" as we would conventionally think of them.

Well, it's Spiderman with Projection mapping. Although not 3-D like Spidey and Ratatoulle. It could be awesome, and it could end up being a bunch of marketing BS lame ride too. We'll see.