Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

When do people reckon this is going to open, out of interest? Only asking because my family and I are going in April 2019, and I wouldn't want to miss out on this ride!

I'm seeing it reported around the net today that this attraction will be coming to Disneyland in a few years. I find this frustrating for 2 major reasons:

1. It will mean Hollywood Studios has one less unique attraction.
2. Disneyland's version is not replacing anything substantial, but is instead an actual addition. So we lose Hollywood Studios' thesis statement ride, but Disneyland gets the new build. Typical.

I'm seeing it reported around the net today that this attraction will be coming to Disneyland in a few years. I find this frustrating for 2 major reasons:

1. It will mean Hollywood Studios has one less unique attraction.
2. Disneyland's version is not replacing anything substantial, but is instead an actual addition. So we lose Hollywood Studios' thesis statement ride, but Disneyland gets the new build. Typical.

How do they even have any room out there?

How do they even have any room out there?
It is said to be going in Toontown near city hall which is currently just a façade covering a backstage area which they will relocate to make room for the ride.
I am very happy about this development since Toontown is the only place I can see Roger anymore.
Hopefully this is a sign that they will be sprucing this area of the park up rather than getting rid of it which was the other rumor floating around a while back.

It is said to be going in Toontown near city hall which is currently just a façade covering a backstage area which they will relocate to make room for the ride.
I am very happy about this development since Toontown is the only place I can see Roger anymore.
Hopefully this is a sign that they will be sprucing this area of the park up rather than getting rid of it which was the other rumor floating around a while back.

So they're not closing Toontown, they're just putting Runaway in the area? I always wished we had gotten Toontown.

Yup. Not the same lands at ALL.
Kinda funny that even with the re-do as Fantasyland 2.0's circus theme they kept the temporary tent looking structures going just like Mickey's Birthdayland. Guess that corner of the park is just cursed to be tents.

wdwmm203948029348203432.jpg

Looks like they just confirmed a Fall opening at the Destination D event.