Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks Nick i think i saw it on DSNY newscast for Mickeys Birthday in November
It could be anytime from September to November from what I keep hearing.

Honestly, everything at WDW this year is opening so late in the year, that I definitely wouldn’t plan a trip around it. A Summer 2020 trip will get you Runaway Railway, Galaxy’s Edge,and Ratatouille (+ the Skyliner and new Epcot show).

A quick and boring update (from BlogMickey):

Old exit:
mickey-minnie-runaway-railway-08142017-2.jpg

New Exit:
org_dsc06200.jpg

Basically they just added a side walkway with what look like either emergency exit doors or potentially childswap exit?

Reactions: tielo and Andysol
Where's the merch?
No gift shop for this ride. I imagine there will be a cart selling merch near the exit, but in the main store they'll almost definitely have merch too. That's actually been a theme with Disney rides built within the last decade... no exiting through the gift shop. Ex. SDMT, LM, NRJ, SDD, ASS and they had the chance with TSMM and Soarin' when they reconfigured things/changed out to Soarin 2.0, but passed on the gift shop - I believe FOP is the only recent ride that forces you through a gift shop (and even then, you can skip it if you know how to navigate that area)

No gift shop for this ride. I imagine there will be a cart selling merch near the exit, but in the main store they'll almost definitely have merch too. That's actually been a theme with Disney rides built within the last decade... no exiting through the gift shop. Ex. SDMT, LM, NRJ, SDD, ASS - I believe FOP is the only recent ride that forces you through a gift shop (and even then, you can skip it if you know how to navigate that area)

A weird trend for Disney.

It just seems odd that when the head of Parks & Resorts background is merchandise that they keep neglecting "exit through the gift shop" opportunities.
It is quite ironic.

I believe at the very least Rise of the Resistance will have an exit through the gift shop and I can't remember the full laid out plan of Smugglers Run, but it wouldn't surprise me there either. Although Galaxy's Edge will be much like Diagon in that there will be a plethora of shopping opportunities around every turn.

Disney likes to consolidate their merch into larger locations so that there is less staffing involved and it is more of a centralized area that guests know to go to if they want to buy something.

I think this is one of the reasons it feels like we see the same merchandise everywhere, with very few exceptions (i.e. Memento Mori and the like). A lot of the merch locations feel watered down.

Panasonic probably gave them a good deal. Not to say they can't come up with good enough to sell tech. At least I trust them more than Epson.
Panasonic Projection Imaging Systems is the "Official Projection Technology" of Disney Parks & Resorts. Or in other words, yes, Panasonic gives them the newest and best equipment they supply with the catch being that Disney can ONLY use Panasonic for projection projects.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Panasonic Projection Imaging Systems is the "Official Projection Technology" of Disney Parks & Resorts. Or in other words, yes, Panasonic gives them the newest and best equipment they supply with the catch being that Disney can ONLY use Panasonic for projection projects.
Christie for universal would also be above bottom teir and probably above Panasonic give or take tech releases.

Yeah, this thread has been dead for 6 weeks. I'm looking forward to this attraction though.I think it's going to be a sleeper hit :thumbsup:. It's lines' may well rival the two Star Wars attractions.

Yeah, this thread has been dead for 6 weeks. I'm looking forward to this attraction though.I think it's going to be a sleeper hit :thumbsup:. It's lines' may well rival the two Star Wars attractions.

That goes without saying. All Disney lines can amazingly max out at 3 hrs or so. Yeah, FoP showed longer than that, but I don't think anyone ever said it WAS that long. Folks seem to cap their waits at about 3 hours for new to them rides. This ride will be just like the 2 SW ones. Huge, A/C'd queue. New tech. Should be quite unique.

Popularity isn't really why Disney rides get the lines, it's too many people and not enough E tickets, or even D tickets. NRJ will have a 2 hour line tomorrow, and FoP 2.5 probably. Clearly, popularity isn't the main reason.

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
That goes without saying. All Disney lines can amazingly max out at 3 hrs or so. Yeah, FoP showed longer than that, but I don't think anyone ever said it WAS that long. Folks seem to cap their waits at about 3 hours for new to them rides. This ride will be just like the 2 SW ones. Huge, A/C'd queue. New tech. Should be quite unique.

Popularity isn't really why Disney rides get the lines, it's too many people and not enough E tickets, or even D tickets. NRJ will have a 2 hour line tomorrow, and FoP 2.5 probably. Clearly, popularity isn't the main reason.
Having more E tickets and Ds would bring more people so I’m not sure that is what you want. Kidding aside I think more capacity is a good thing but not all new rides built will have it therefore making crowding worse.