Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS) | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Having more E tickets and Ds would bring more people so I’m not sure that is what you want. Kidding aside I think more capacity is a good thing but not all new rides built will have it therefore making crowding worse.

I am VERY interested to see what their attendance increase is for SWGE. NO way it's like what Universal got from Potter. Although I guess folks think teh Disney TEA numbers are no right anyway.

I really think all it will do is cannibalize other parks. It can't really sell more rooms, they are almost always 95%+ full. It could sell more non Disney rooms, but those people won't have a prayer to get a FP+ at WDW.

At DisneyLAND I could see them getting a decent uptick from locals. But again, those folks go anyway, and it may not end up as more tickets sold, just more passholder visits.

They are so busy already, if they DO get any significant increase resort wide, it will be simply awful.

Yeah, this thread has been dead for 6 weeks. I'm looking forward to this attraction though.I think it's going to be a sleeper hit :thumbsup:. It's lines' may well rival the two Star Wars attractions.
It's been dead because there's nothing to see :lol:

With projects like this where the building is already enclosed, it really just turns it into a waiting game. Scenic props have been installed if that is any sort of news.

So TPI just said they're forecasting Galaxy's Edge to open October 1st.

Are they going to open this ride at the same time? I hope and pray they won't because I don't want to spend all day waiting in line for this ride. :thud::thud:

Reactions: Mad Dog
So TPI just said they're forecasting Galaxy's Edge to open October 1st.

Are they going to open this ride at the same time? I hope and pray they won't because I don't want to spend all day waiting in line for this ride. :thud::thud:
Most speculation is that it will open a month or two prior to this. Whatever, they will probably be, for all intents and purposes, back to back openings....and damn, that park's going to be real crowded.

Most speculation is that it will open a month or two prior to this. Whatever, they will probably be, for all intents and purposes, back to back openings....and damn, that park's going to be real crowded.
Uuuuuuugggghhhhhhh noooooooooo. I'm coming out for HHN around early/mid-September. I'm trying to avoid the GE crowds, especially since I will have experienced it at home by then, but I really want to see this ride. I'm going to be so bummed if the only way to experience this is to brave the outrageous crowds. That sucks.

Uuuuuuugggghhhhhhh noooooooooo. I'm coming out for HHN around early/mid-September. I'm trying to avoid the GE crowds, especially since I will have experienced it at home by then, but I really want to see this ride. I'm going to be so bummed if the only way to experience this is to brave the outrageous crowds. That sucks.
might be easier to get a fastpass with all that GESWL demand.

Reactions: therock

I’m assuming most folks will still flock toward GE. I don’t think this new Mickey Ride will be quite as popular with the public and will likely be “easier” to get on in the early morning w/o a fast pass.

I’m assuming most folks will still flock toward GE. I don’t think this new Mickey Ride will be quite as popular with the public and will likely be “easier” to get on in the early morning w/o a fast pass.
The general public is gonna eat up this ride. It’s a Mickey ride, people will flock to it simply because of that, families especially.

The general public is gonna eat up this ride. It’s a Mickey ride, people will flock to it simply because of that, families especially.

No doubt it will become the new “Peter Pan” of the Park. Especially since the GE rides will have height requirements. That being said, you can still get on Peter Pan without much wait If you show up at rope drop.

People can't flock everywhere at the same time, though. Galaxy's Edge will be a mega-draw for daily crowds, and Toy Story Land likely still will have a decent pull, too.

My hope is that, other than GE, the crowds will (roughly) level out throughout the remainder of the park.

Last edited:
There’s no way that this doesn’t end up seeing 1+ hour lines consistently.

I’m just surprised how little Disney has shared about the ride. Toy Story Land got a nice stream of updates. Galaxy’s Edge obviously had a large stream. Disney hasn’t given us more concept art or a behind-the-scenes-video-that-doesn’t-show-you-anything

People can't flock everywhere at the same time, though. Galaxy's Edge will be a mega-draw for daily crowds, and Toy Story Land likely still will have a decent pull, too.

My hope is that, other than GE, the crowds will (roughly) level out throughout the remainder of the park.
Disney doubled the capacity of the parking lot for this while there is hardly a net gain in total attractions from when they knocked down stuff to make room for this. The leveling out will be that the park is going to be insanely crowded all around. I think people underestimate how much Disney can sell tickets beyond the physical capacity of the rides in the parks in order to entice longer stays.

Reactions: rastuso

I think TSL is going to stay busy from those exiting SWGE. MMRR is still going to be a big draw, especially once people see the wait times for Smugglers Run and RotR.

I'm not implying I don't think it will be busy, or have long(ish) lines. But I'm expecting it will be manageable, in comparison to Galaxy's Edge and Slinky Dog.
I'll take the bet against Slinky.

Obviously it's not going to have longer lines than SWGE, but I think MMRR will definitely have longer lines than Slinky (of course i'm saying this without knowing capacity). You also have to take into account the Orlando thunderstorms. Slinky goes down during all of those when lightning is within 5 miles or so. The GE rides will presumably have extremely long lines so where is everyone going to go? Many will likely go to Runaway Railway.

On the plus side, ToT and RNRC will probably have rather short waits in comparison to the rest of the park. They'll also be the easiest to get FPs for.

There’s no way that this doesn’t end up seeing 1+ hour lines consistently.

I’m just surprised how little Disney has shared about the ride. Toy Story Land got a nice stream of updates. Galaxy’s Edge obviously had a large stream. Disney hasn’t given us more concept art or a behind-the-scenes-video-that-doesn’t-show-you-anything

The small kids coaster has a 1+ hour wait. NRJ has a 2 hour wait. This will easily have 2 hour waits for a long time.

Reactions: SOCAL110
The small kids coaster has a 1+ hour wait. NRJ has a 2 hour wait. This will easily have 2 hour waits for a long time.
To be fair, NRJ has terrible capacity. So bad capacity + no height limit ride (one of the only one's at DAK) = Long waits. NRJ normally is around 60 though. I've seen it around 45 at times while FoP is at 180+. Word is clearly out on which is the "good" ride.

I mean, maybe I'm way off base here, but I'm anticipating Runaway Railway will have very good capacity (by modern Disney standards).
It will have decent capacity for sure, but not close to peak GMR and during the time GMR was around with FP+ in play, even that ride ran up 45 minute waits frequently. Sure, there will be more rides in the park, but there will also be way more bodies as well.

Reactions: Andysol