What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (DHS)

Kind-of surprised that I nearly nailed these names.

...anywho, that's a hell of a lot of buttons. I wonder what would happen if a group of people just decided to just mess around with controls as opposed to doing their job.

And also..did Rey kick Chewie off of the Falcon?!

Kind-of surprised that I nearly nailed these names.

...anywho, that's a hell of a lot of buttons. I wonder what would happen if a group of people just decided to just mess around with controls as opposed to doing their job.

The same as anything else they choose to do.

Very little.

Sorry didn’t realize it had its own thread now. Seeing folks online saying the cockpit only has 4 seats now, as opposed to the 6 seen in concept art. Anyone confirm or deny these allegations?

This image in the teaser may be what they think is proof of only 4 seats, but of course the front two seats could just be out of frame.
1010F48C-8F59-448F-B474-9C347D1F57DE.png

Also, there are 3 positions for riders. 3 positions with 2 seats per position makes more sense than 3 positions split between 4 seats, right?

What is clear is that anyone not in the front row is going to be looking at a tiny fraction of the dome. All that supposed 4k generated real time, just to be in the peripheral vision of the front two seats, and completely out of view to 75% of the riders.

4 seats footage reportedly seen by someone in the presentation room but not allowed to photograph that section.

I guess I’ll believe it when I see it.

If it's only 4 seats, I can't imagine the capacity could possibly be that 1,800 number reported earlier. And since we can infer that number came from Disney, I still say we're looking at 6 seats.

Is this attraction suppose to load in a single location and the domes/cockpits rotate in a circle similar to Forbidden Journey? Also very curious what the game play will be. How will they handle so many randomized possibilities and keep the ride time the same for everyone? Really curious how this attraction will play out, figuratively and literally. This attraction will either be a game changer or a disaster. Really hoping for the game changer!

Ok, found the other image in question and pieced this mystery together.

There are 6 seats, exactly like concept art.

The photo in question only shows the first 4 yellow ones, but you can see the two taller brownish ones in the photo showing the back of the cabin.

You can’t photograph all 6 without removing a wall or the windshield, and these photos of only 4 seats are causing misinformation to spread on social media.

138CA756-787F-470E-94C3-DF46896C22FD.jpeg

E68E9D2A-A4F1-426E-B2C1-5D7CDA63D85D.jpeg

BD4B7446-577C-4EF2-8589-61FC5AEB563A.jpeg

Is this attraction suppose to load in a single location and the domes/cockpits rotate in a circle similar to Forbidden Journey? Also very curious what the game play will be. How will they handle so many randomized possibilities and keep the ride time the same for everyone? Really curious how this attraction will play out, figuratively and literally. This attraction will either be a game changer or a disaster. Really hoping for the game changer!

There has yet to be ANYTHING released about either ride making it a game changer. Unless you believe the riders will have total control over a video game, and can completely screw up the "game", which Disney is already backing off on because it simply isn't feasible, and wouldn't increase rider satisfaction when Pilot Grandma crashes in 3 seconds.

I wonder what would happen if a group of people just decided to just mess around with controls as opposed to doing their job.

I'm sure most of the buttons either don't work at all, or only work at certain strategic points of the ride.

...wouldn't increase rider satisfaction when Pilot Grandma crashes in 3 seconds.

I lost it at "Pilot Grandma". This would be my mother in a nutshell. Great at driving cars, terrible at pushing buttons.

It seems there is one big yellow button for every seat that you will press when prompted and a thrusters lever for the pilot or copilot. Very mission space.

Ok, found the other image in question and pieced this mystery together.

View attachment 8402

This ride will give the illusion of anything is possible but cleverly will keep the experience on railroad tracks. I think of it as a series of 30 second segments. Toward the end of each segment you will have two or more options. The option you choose will dictate what segment plays next. At the end of that segment another option. Like branches of a tree in the same story. But each one of those segments will be just as long as the option you didn't choose so the timing in the end will be exactly the same. But it will feel like you had a unique experience. It might take a dozen or so rides before you start repeating sequences in the same order.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems there is one big yellow button for every seat that you will press when prompted and a thrusters lever for the pilot or copilot. Very mission space.

This ride will give the illusion of anything is possible but cleverly will keep the experience on railroad tracks. I think of it as a series of 30 second segments. Toward the end of each segment you will have two or more options. The option you choose will dictate what segment plays next. At the end of that segment another option. Like branches of a tree in the same story. But each one of those segments will be just as long as the option you didn't choose so the timing in the end will be exactly the same. But it will feel like you had a unique experience. It might take a dozen or so rides before you start repeating sequences in the same order.

So basically 400 buttons that do nothing, and one giant "WIN" button when prompted? sounds about right.

With my luck when I ride it there is gonna be that one person who just decides to keep pushing all the buttons & being annoying, or even saying Millenium Falcon is crashed and you are now being carbonized and sent to Jabba the Hut. I wonder or some of you may know if they are having like during a pre show something you have to achieve to be able t sit in the main seats like Han & Chewie's seats? Or is gonna be a free for all and lots of upset complaints and even arguments and fights. Just wanted to know if some of you may know? Yes slap my hands I checked some other place someone told me about & OMG too much drama & Alligator Swamp Snack Box tragedies. So I stick to you guys, I am sure I get more real answers here.