Minion Café - USF | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Minion Café - USF

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You guys know there are buildings outside production central that looks like soundstages right? The theme of Minion Land is not ruined if the show buildings still look like that. Universal STUDIOS.
The paint job and look of the real soundstages in the real studio park (Hollywood) look better than the pretend soundstages in Orlando.
4x.webp

The paint job and look of the real soundstages in the real studio park (Hollywood) look better than the pretend soundstages in Orlando.
4x.webp
Oh I agree on this, I wish the soundstages weren’t painted the color they are now, but their presence still doesn’t bother me. Mummy and E.T. “soundstage” show buildings still look good though.

Has anyone mentioned that the giant pink "cupcake" isn't a cupcake? It is some sort of disguised villainous weapon. Which, now that I think about it, makes sense since the name of the bakery is a play on the infamous Dirty Harry line "Make my day".

Bake My Day was first seen in the mall in Despicable Me 2, where most of the stores had pun names.

IMG_4360.jpeg

Looks great, but the gray industrial building with a giant E3 painted on it for Transformers is a very hard transition.
There's actually no reason why (unless it's contractual with Hasbro/Paramount) the metal gray structure with E3 on it couldn't have been removed for something Minions or Illumination. That structure is just there to block something backstage and is themed after Transformers, but I think a proper start/stop for Transformers theming would be where the "security gate" theming starts right after where the E3 is.

A change here could've allowed them to better transition between the two areas.