Minor glitch on Hulk tonight | Inside Universal Forums

Minor glitch on Hulk tonight

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Everyone else was already evacuated off the ride before the helicopters arrived. The 12 remaining were still there because they needed to be assisted by the Fire Department.

Everyone else was already evacuated off the ride before the helicopters arrived. The 12 remaining were still there because they needed to be assisted by the Fire Department.

Aaaah... So the final break run into load is without a simple evac staircase? Funny that my favorite break run is also pictured and was able to be evacuated by employees. I marvel at the details I do not know.

Pun wasn't intended and may have been subliminal.

Aaaah... So the final break run into load is without a simple evac staircase? Funny that my favorite break run is also pictured and was able to be evacuated by employees. I marvel at the details I do not know.

Pun wasn't intended and may have been subliminal.

That's what the problem was. The front 1/4 of the train slid past the brake run. That is why they had to be taken off via the Fire Department. The first 1/4 was not on the brake platform, which is why the ride was e-stopped.

These aren't glitches, just unfortunate circumstances of where the ride stops. Anytime part of a vehicle is hanging off of an evacuation platform, UO always plays the safe card and calls for OFD to come to assist. Baffles me why these stories always make it into the news

They've been having issues lately.

When I was there on Monday it was down my entire visit and there were workers up on that mid course break run...and a train stuck up there too.

I thought this issue was referring to what I witnessed Monday, but it was Tuesdau night...and a friend of mine told me Hulk was down last week when he was there.

I always wonder, when something like this happens, why cannot they just reset the ride?
Anyway, since Teebin says infrastructure will be updated, hopefully this will mean less chance of glitches.

I think they do reset it assuming something isn't mechanically broken. One of the brake pads could have not released stopping it. But after they bring it back from a stop they have to run it empty. So I think they had to evac all the people before they were even allowed to reboot the ride anyways. If the system reports a problem you aren't gunna just reset it and hope the coaster comes back to the station with people still on it.

I think they do reset it assuming something isn't mechanically broken. One of the brake pads could have not released stopping it. But after they bring it back from a stop they have to run it empty. So I think they had to evac all the people before they were even allowed to reboot the ride anyways. If the system reports a problem you aren't gunna just reset it and hope the coaster comes back to the station with people still on it.

Lol ... I did mean reset if it is known there is no issue and it was a glitch. But then, I guess it is probably not that easy to know what caused a ride to stop.

It's possible the infrastructure upgrades are causing the problems too. If the computers aren't compatible with each other, they can throw things off.

You people are overthinking too much haha. Resetting an E-Stop is easy... once the fault causing it has been taken care of. There's only a few things that would lead to an evac on a ride as simple as Hulk. Something probably stopped working that required a repair that wasn't possible with guests on it. Example: A loss of air pressure would stop the ride from operating, or a bad converter or relay or proxy switch. Those are things that wear out all the time and cause faults. While replacing those small components would only take a few minutes, you would not want to run the ride with guests on it without cycling empty first, hence the need for an evac.

Rides don't run directly off computers... they run off PLCs. Two different things.