Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Missing T-Rex Arm on JPRA

Ash

Mar 10, 2013
The T-Rex on JPRA was fine last week but missing an arm yesterday.... Anyone else notice this?

He just had a rod like stump in its place!
Is this due to be fixed? How did it come off? Does it just fall off?

The T-Rex on JPRA was fine last week but missing an arm yesterday.... Anyone else notice this?

Trust me. Operations is not happy about it and the managers are eager to get it back on. It will be fixed ASAP. Hopefully before any refurb.

Was it removed intentionally? It was fine last Monday but missing yesterday!

Dang, couldn't get a picture? :mad: :lol:

No, I had my camera in my bag and couldn't get it out in time.

That was just the 'scout' trip, then you get back in line, ride again and get the 'money shot'!!! :mad:

Just kidding with you, I would like to see it though :pound:

This is so funny. I recall the eating dino on Dinosaur's neck being completely ripped like it had had its throat cut. It was flapping about all over the place. I am not sure how they re-glue silicone.

To be totally honest, I rode this about two weeks ago and didn't notice a missing arm. I forgot to look for it, but even so, I doubt most guests notice (too busy looking at the head).

I rode it two weeks ago and it was on... I rode it last week and it was gone... I have to admit almost everyone on our boat noticed/commented on it.

Yes, JPRA is becoming Splash Mountain, because Universal puts big tarps to cover the t-rex instead of fixing it.

Rode through today. The arm was on Tiff but you can still see the separation. Also the top broken glass raptor was covered in a black sheet.

FYI at universal the black tarp is how they like to handle it when a figure goes out of show in a dark setting. They use the same thing at the false unload at mummy if that figure has issues.

Multiple times, but honestly what's the point when half of them have lock jaw or are basically statues anyhow. Also something I've noticed recently, does anyone else think the compy's timing is way off as far as movement activation. The last two times I've ridden, about two weeks apart, they didn't start moving until we were 1/3 ways past them. But I really can't wait for this ride to get some love, it's one of my favorites, but its shameful in its current condition.