Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mission:Space

Doesn't have to be dark...

HORIZONS-MURAL-Rober-McCall.jpg

And the most obvious choice for music...

The Space theme from Horizons, remastered and reorchestrated to remove the synth and aah's to be a modern piece...

A thought that occurred to me today...

Horizons closed nearly two decades ago. That means to have any sort of memory of it, you'd need to be at least 20 or so. Same for the original Imagination. Somehow it's still extremely popular (it can move merch even!)

It says a lot about how flawed the arguments were that EPCOT Center was a "failure" with guests, particularly young guests.

Horizons closed nearly two decades ago. That means to have any sort of memory of it, you'd need to be at least 20 or so. Same for the original Imagination. Somehow it's still extremely popular (it can move merch even!)

It says a lot about how flawed the arguments were that EPCOT Center was a "failure" with guests, particularly young guests.
I was just thinking earlier how we often are accused of viewing EPCOT Center through nostalgia-tinted glasses, remembering it as greater than it actually was, but it occurred to me that the opposite is actually true, at least for me... whenever I watch an old video or something it only reinforces how awesome it was.

I was just thinking earlier how we often are accused of viewing EPCOT Center through nostalgia-tinted glasses, remembering it as greater than it actually was, but it occurred to me that the opposite is actually true, at least for me... whenever I watch an old video or something it only reinforces how awesome it was.

I agree with this 100%.

Within my group of friends, it's impressive how many of us loved Epcot much more than MK when we were kids. While some of the attractions at MK are timeless, the ones at Epcot were easily the most memorable for me. (I'm looking at you, Imagination.)

I think Disney is a merch selling machine. I mean, what the hell is with that Duffy teddy bear?

I never got to ride Horizons- it closed before any visit I had at WDW. I've seen the video- and it looks badass. I don't actually know of a ride at Epcot that would be better; honestly.

My main complaint is they didn't seem to have touched the indoor queue at all.

Great to see a new cap com and updated video. There are some people complaining online saying it's a pointless change, but the film wasn't in HD and looked like garbage. Doing a complete audio/visual upgrade to the attraction is a smart choice.