MK Guest Survey - $200 Interactive Game | Inside Universal Forums

MK Guest Survey - $200 Interactive Game

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 16, 2009
30 Rock
Epcyclopedia reported today that a recent guest survey asked opinions about a possible new add-on experience that would cost an additional $200 on top of the park entry price.

A new guest survey was recently sent out asking guests about add-on experiences to the standard theme park offerings at the Walt Disney World resort. After a long and tedious sorting of their interest in everything from Ft Wilderness cart rentals (seriously) to Water Parks to park tours, respondents are finally presented with this little gem:

A Pirate’s Life for Me: Enter the the Magic Kingdom and live out your very own pirate quest filled with adventure and surprises. Price – $199 per person.

isE7joMZsLrC5.jpg

This addition to Adventureland has been rumored for a while, with modifications to the land reportedly having been made in recent months to allow for its installation in and testing in some areas. Everyone had assumed it was another version of the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game and was going to be included in park admission. Apparently not, instead it’s going to cost somewhere around $200 per guest to experience in addition to theme park admission if Disney has their way.

Yea, I don't think that's for the game. The game's name was completely different.

This is no different than him saying Avatar is officially delayed indefinitely because of a vague IGN article.

The name was "A Pirates Adventure: Jewels of the Seven Seas". Hey they need to make up the billion dollars somehow.

Maybe if this included actual treasure hunts on say Discovery Island with some possibility of finding actual loot (like getting the price of this back) then maybe it might be worth the extra cost, but probably not.

The only way I can see this being remotely worthwhile is if they make it similar to Africa Trek, which I have a lack of faith that they will.

So rather than build their own "Discovery Cove" botique theme park, that want simply want to repurpose Adventure Land? Would this be an after-hours thing? Sort of have the park to yourself?

So rather than build their own "Discovery Cove" botique theme park, that want simply want to repurpose Adventure Land? Would this be an after-hours thing? Sort of have the park to yourself?

I think part of that was the concept for Night Kingdom, if I'm not mistaken. It would have been a competitor to Discovery Cove's business model.