Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana

Where did this image come from?

Attractions Magazine had the highest quality version I could find.

It just exudes modern disney though. It would’ve been fine and checked all the guests boxes as just a water area. But... IP!!!!!!!!

At this point, IPs are being used like sponsors. Test Track presented by Chevrolet. Journey of Water presented by Moana lol

I’m not really confident about this. Sounds like Iger saying, “Put an IP there! Who cares if it’s good or fits Epcot!”

After Frozen and Guardians, it's a very fair concern. Like I said, there's a way to do it right and in a way that feels natural for Epcot. They just have to want to make the effort.

People give Tom crap, but it really is worth taking a look back at some of the stuff he's sad leading up to Sunday. He was almost perfect in 2017.

Yeah, my personal beefs aside from how he handles things; the man gets a crap-ton of results and he's always usually good.

Makes me nervous and excited, as I get the feeling we are going to see Sunday go by in a blitz.

Yeah, my personal beefs aside from how he handles things; the man gets a crap-ton of results and he's always usually good.

Makes me nervous and excited, as I get the feeling we are going to see Sunday go by in a blitz.
I hope he's not right about CBJ. But I feel like they're nearing the end of the road whether it's at this expo or some other time in a year or two from now.

If he is spot on though and it's a Toy Story thing though, that'll really, REALLY suck.

I mean, Innoventions West has been known to be getting demolished. We knew it was being replaced with trees and water features. This is just an added something in the area. This is something that would normally get a blog post on a Friday night and that's it.

Plus, this is just a small part of the overall large Epcot overhaul.

If you want to know how this came about... This is focus group driven as is the play area in Wonders of Life. This is literally a water playground for kids themed to Moana to counter the general idea that Epcot isn't kid friendly. (Mommy Blogger kid focus groups) At least it will look nice.

As if they'd build a new water feature. They can just add it to an existing water feature within the park.

View attachment 10674

Budget? $7 million.
I can't place where I saw the concept art right now, but it had the jumping fountains in it so it almost definitely will be in this area.

Ahhh... it was the official poster:
ECn2tpuX4AAJco1

Moana: Journey to the Meet and Greet Around Some Fountains and Trees...

Yeah, this is exactly what I expect. If not when it opens, shortly afterwards.