Monorail Coral Accident | Inside Universal Forums

Monorail Coral Accident

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The accident happened during a test and crashed into a tow vehicle. No guests were on-board and no injuries were reported.

This incident, while during testing of automation, had nothing to do with the automation system.

Yes, but I think Coral is the only train they've been testing the automation system with so far, and it'll probably be out of commission for a while.

If it can't automatically stop if something is in the ride path then it's not safe!!!
This accident happened during towing, towing is done manually. If there were a system to automatically stop a train or tow vehicle before getting close to each other it would be impossible to tow a monorail.

Which vehicle crashed into which? The monorail nose looked quite mangled.
My understanding, while I haven't heard this 100% confirmed, is that the monorail collided with the tow tractor after the tow bar broke free. This is consistent with the damage as the train would have more momentum behind it and accidents in the past where the tow tractor ran into the train the damage wasn't as severe.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
My understanding, while I haven't heard this 100% confirmed, is that the monorail collided with the tow tractor after the tow bar broke free. This is consistent with the damage as the train would have more momentum behind it and accidents in the past where the tow tractor ran into the train the damage wasn't as severe.

Wow, that scenario makes total sense to me!

That is correct.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe