CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe a couple of them closed or they stopped opening them? I'm having a hard time finding the article I read about it.

They probably have stopped opening them, I do not think they ever did what they had hoped, but I was in SoBe not long ago and I did see a Whopper Bar in South Beach, so they do still exsist elsewhere.

I can't see In n Out setting up unless they open a few in Orlando...I guess they are the original farm to fork burger joint so they need nearby distribution which would not make a lot of sense for one restaurant.

I was on the road a bit last week, was surprised to see Burger Fi at an airport I passed through, personally, I do not like Shake Shack...I have not had an In n Out burger in over 30 years, I recall liking them...but my memory of it is better than Five Guys, but everyone seems to compare those two these days...

Heck, for me, if I want a burger at UOR, I would probably go to the Kitchen at the Hard Rock.

I think Shake Shack is on par or better than In n Out. Very good burger. Only complaint is the Shake Shack fries.

Great night @Mad Dog I love that place oh and This guy is awesome..............

2cnhwgp.jpg

2ptdvud.jpg

and did someone mentions hurricanes?

20160509_City_Walk10_Samsung_S7.jpg
Heh, where's my picture? :angry: :lol:

Similar to the old surveys that asked about properties they have no interest in getting, the same applies here. Don't focus on brands, focus on concepts.

Reactions: SeventyOne
In n Out sound like something that would exist in the red light district in Amsterdam.
5 guys would go into the gay district.

Now get me a broadway show in the Blue Man building and more original food options replacing the junk food crap.

Reactions: JoeCamel
You have to wonder, with the plans for the new hotel at Wet n Wild and 4000 new rooms being added, is CityWalk going to start getting a little more crowded?

It's a small area, but it sure has some dynamic restaurants/bars.

I found it near unbearable to be in any time I wanted to actually do something. I'll need to try at quieter times.

Universal could remove the current BMG theater and adjacent soundstage and build a brand new and large theater.

If they were to remove anything, I'd remove the cinema. I can't fathom why anybody would want to watch a movie while on vacation but it could be surprisingly busy, I don't know.

I found it near unbearable to be in any time I wanted to actually do something. I'll need to try at quieter times.

If they were to remove anything, I'd remove the cinema. I can't fathom why anybody would want to watch a movie while on vacation but it could be surprisingly busy, I don't know.
Universal is about the movies. I doubt they'll ever remove the theaters, maybe just update it. Movies are Universal's icon.

Guys, In n Out would need to find a fresh beef provider that they approve of within a day's drive or Universal Orlando. There's a reason why they expanded to just Texas in the past few years. It's not coming. Period.
Finding fresh beef in the area should be relatively easy. Have you seen all the cows in the area? I'm sure there's a processing facility somewhere within an hour's drive.

Reactions: Mad Dog
That's an easy fix to build it out and up. I've seen it done many times in "the old world" with more space limitations then Universal.

True but BMG is still very popular and has only gotten more popular. I don't see them leaving anytime soon. Plus a lot of the soundstages around that area are marked for demo.

Finding fresh beef in the area should be relatively easy. Have you seen all the cows in the area? I'm sure there's a processing facility somewhere within an hour's drive.

It's about finding beef this small company approves of. Seriously there's fresh beef in many locations they're not in. Don't read it as 'In n Out', read it as 'specialty burger concept'.