CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
True but BMG is still very popular and has only gotten more popular. I don't see them leaving anytime soon. Plus a lot of the soundstages around that area are marked for demo.

It's about finding beef this small company approves of. Seriously there's fresh beef in many locations they're not in. Don't read it as 'In n Out', read it as 'specialty burger concept'.

I think they can find a company they approve of easy enough but it's not going to be worth it for one restaurant. If they decide to open in Orlando, they'll be wanting a few places to justify the cost and that takes the sparkle off the one in CityWalk.

If they were to remove anything, I'd remove the cinema. I can't fathom why anybody would want to watch a movie while on vacation but it could be surprisingly busy, I don't know.

Remove? No, but I would expect a similar refresh to Cinema at USH if I were to guess the fate of the Cineplex.

And in terms of the Fast Food offerings; I'll side with @Joe on this one, as with the state that Citywalk is currently going in, it'd be wise to expect the replacements not be centered on a certain franchise.

And in terms of the Fast Food offerings; I'll side with @Joe on this one, as with the state that Citywalk is currently going in, it'd be wise to expect the replacements not be centered on a certain franchise.
Yeah, they could be asking about In-n-Out to put out their feelers for their own hamburger joint, like Disney did with D-Luxe Burger at Disney Springs.

Remove? No, but I would expect a similar refresh to Cinema at USH if I were to guess the fate of the Cineplex.

I think this is my British tourist view in thinking that the cinema seems kind of pointless.

I think this is my British tourist view in thinking that the cinema seems kind of pointless.

Personally speaking; something like that of an upgrade to the current cinema would benefit Universal. It'd allow more locals to come to Citywalk, dine and shop a bit after the particular time (as they are now doing with AP's) and to see a quick movie. It's money making gold that I think Universal would take in logistic reasons.

Plus, it'd allow them to have premieres of new films to occur potentially a bit more often, with the high tech features (if they wanted to for Universal's case).

Personally speaking; something like that of an upgrade to the current cinema would benefit Universal. It'd allow more locals to come to Citywalk, dine and shop a bit after the particular time (as they are now doing with AP's) and to see a quick movie. It's money making gold that I think Universal would take in logistic reasons.

Plus, it'd allow them to have premieres of new films to occur potentially a bit more often, with the high tech features (if they wanted to for Universal's case).

Come for the movie, stay for dinner. I keep forgetting about locals :look:

Come for the movie, stay for dinner. I keep forgetting about locals :look:

Flip the Movie and the Dinner and you would be about right.

Yeah, they could be asking about In-n-Out to put out their feelers for their own hamburger joint, like Disney did with D-Luxe Burger at Disney Springs.

With how Toothsome works as an original concept; it makes sense to do more unique dining offerings while staying close to what people want. I have to think that is what will be happening, minus the elaborately themed dining offerings.

People compare In N Out to other burger places but seem to forget that they are cheaper which is a big factor. Also a resort like universal is exactly where you can put a one off location because you can change a premium to cover and increased cost of sourcing local ingredients.

People compare In N Out to other burger places but seem to forget that they are cheaper which is a big factor. Also a resort like universal is exactly where you can put a one off location because you can change a premium to cover and increased cost of sourcing local ingredients.

They are cheaper because their factories are so close, and why they are adamant about keeping it on the West Coast. In N Out doesn't care about all that other stuff. Otherwise, we would have seen one in CityWalk in Hollywood.

They are cheaper because their factories are so close, and why they are adamant about keeping it on the West Coast. In N Out doesn't care about all that other stuff. Otherwise, we would have seen one in CityWalk in Hollywood.

Which, is funny you point that, as there is an In and Out right outside Universal Hollywood.

I personally think that In and Out is realistically; a wishful thought. And, I believe that it would be wise to look more for something on the vain of it being done in-house.

There are so many truly unique and cool dining experiences out there that just bringing a chain over is stupid. Toothsome is a hit in part because its not a chain same with some of their other popular places. Hell why not make a Korean/Soul Food fusion restaurant called Seoul Train. (Btw this is a real restuarant already but you see way more interesting than in and out.)

Another thing some people don't realize is In N Out is family owned and they don't franchise. It also isn't just proximity to a meat processing facility that is a requirement for them, but proximity to THEIR meat processing facility. So this means they would be building a meat processing facility, obviously this wouldn't be practical for just one location, and building multiple in the area would kill the uniqueness of having it at CityWalk. As far as charging a premium, I would suspect that's something they wouldn't want to do, and additionally that premium probably would not even cover the extra rent that Universal would charge them. With recent additions like Toothsome, NBC Grill and Cowfish all being operated by Universal it also seems that bringing in an outside company is something Universal is looking to get away from.

Another thing some people don't realize is In N Out is family owned and they don't franchise. It also isn't just proximity to a meat processing facility that is a requirement for them, but proximity to THEIR meat processing facility. So this means they would be building a meat processing facility, obviously this wouldn't be practical for just one location, and building multiple in the area would kill the uniqueness of having it at CityWalk. As far as charging a premium, I would suspect that's something they wouldn't want to do, and additionally that premium probably would not even cover the extra rent that Universal would charge them. With recent additions like Toothsome, NBC Grill and Cowfish all being operated by Universal it also seems that bringing in an outside company is something Universal is looking to get away from.
Cowfish is a small chain out of Charlotte, NC.