Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

I heard they discontinued the Luau, not positive though....The breakfast buffet at Tratoria del Porto is first class, high quality offerings. You could almost have a separate buffet with the tables of breakfast rolls, croissants, etc. there's so much selection. There's table after table after table of food selections. Just about every hot serving you could think of for breakfast. Plus they cook to order also. Just a crazy amount of food. And we were there fairly recently, last October.
OpenTable says it's permanently closed.

I know we have had the buffet for breakfast at the Kitchen (HRH) and at RPR, we have had breankfast (like the Kitchen) were we could chose between the buffet or off the menu, but it was a character dining type thing.

In the park, I think they still do a character breakfast and I think they were once testing a lunch or dinner.

So there are still some breakfast things, but nothing like a Vegas dinner thing nor like that restaurant over at Animal Kingdom.

I know we have had the buffet for breakfast at the Kitchen (HRH) and at RPR, we have had breankfast (like the Kitchen) were we could chose between the buffet or off the menu, but it was a character dining type thing.

In the park, I think they still do a character breakfast and I think they were once testing a lunch or dinner.

So there are still some breakfast things, but nothing like a Vegas dinner thing nor like that restaurant over at Animal Kingdom.
Yes, Trattoria also lets you select off the menu. I had steak & eggs one time for breakfast.

Yes, Trattoria also lets you select off the menu. I had steak & eggs one time for breakfast.

Come to think of it, it was the same at the downstairs restaurant at Saphire for breakfast...anyway, I know have have had the buffet for breakfast more than once, so we must enjoy it, at SFR, HRH, and RPR.

I see more places like toothsome with characters/backstory/world building. For that to work in a buffet form, it wouldn't be a serve yourself thing but more all you can eat off a menu and some form where you can place orders whenever and they come to you.

Come to think of it, it was the same at the downstairs restaurant at Saphire for breakfast...anyway, I know have have had the buffet for breakfast more than once, so we must enjoy it, at SFR, HRH, and RPR.
We're not generally breakfast people, but when we're at Portofino, we make it a point to do a few breakfast buffets at Trattoria. The presentation is beautiful & the food is really first class. It' a nice special treat even though neither of us are big eaters. And we always dine outside on the Piazza and enjoy that fabulous view, atmosphere and ambiance. It doesn't get any better. :)

Thanks for the confirmation. I thought I was remembering right....Sapphire is doing something similar to the Luau. But just might be a trial basis.

Wantilan Luau Tickets, Multiple Dates | Eventbrite

Luau is still going on and you can still book them. See the link.

Hotel events are surprisingly not talked about much here. Velvet Sessions over at Hard Rock and the various other stuff that happens at them at various times.

They are all listed here Universal Orlando (including the luau)

Also the beer dinner RPR and Harbor Nights at PBH along with the wine thing at HRH.

To be honest I'm surprised the usual crew of vlog/bloggers around haven't touched any of these lately.

Last edited:
For that to work in a buffet form, it wouldn't be a serve yourself thing but more all you can eat off a menu and some form where you can place orders whenever and they come to you.
One of my favorite buffet formats is Garden Grove at the Swan. You oder a main entree and then there is a salad and dessert buffet. It's nice because you get a good entree served at the table, but then you can sample a wide variety of things before and after and the walk around traffic isn't too bad.

Royal Pacific has The Wok Experience, which is good. You get to choose what vegetables go into your wok dish, and they cook it right there. They have a small salad bar as well. I only wish they had a more predictable schedule. The few times we've gone there, the chefs have been wonderful.

I really hope so. I want to see Universal keep up their momentium after Toothsome.
They only place left for them to do anything new is the club space though, right? I could easily see it happening, but at the same time they rent out that area frequently for private events.

The rest of CityWalk has been pretty much completely redone or is a space that is popular.

The fast food restuarants near Breadbox and Menchies could be upgraded into a cooler area but I'm not sure if there's actually enough space up there to make it work or to absorb larger crowds. But BK, Panda Express, and Moes are definitely meh in light of all the other options around Citywalk.

They only place left for them to do anything new is the club space though, right? I could easily see it happening, but at the same time they rent out that area frequently for private events.

The rest of CityWalk has been pretty much completely redone or is a space that is popular.

This is a really funny problem to have. Universal have been killing it and now they're at a stage where everything they have is actually pretty good.

It really makes you wonder what they could do with a fresh canvas and if they keep up that level in CityWalk 2.0.