CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
OMG will it be open by my October 19th trip? I was just talking about how cinnabun cinnamon buns are the best cinnamon buns around... and there are none where I am.

OMG will it be open by my October 19th trip? I was just talking about how cinnabun cinnamon buns are the best cinnamon buns around... and there are none where I am.

If not, they sell them inside Islands of Adventure.

Cinnabon+02.JPG

If Universal insists on keeping a fast food place up there, they should replace the Whopper Bar with a Taco Bell Cantina. The whole Whopper Bar concept seems to have failed (because Shake Shack and Five Guys did it better?) and the Taco Bell Cantina seems pretty hip and popular.
We have one of those here in Fayetteville, flat out put the Qdoba out of Bidness
Taco_Bell_Cantina_3___Counter.0.0.jpg

Why does a permit have to be filed just to open a simple donut shop?
Any construction must be permitted and that triggers inspection. Electrical, mechanical, plumbing and engineering all has to meet code for safety. Once the inspections are all done and passed they issue a certificate of occupancy then you can open the doors and start making money. The powers that be sell it as a safety program and I guess I agree but it does generate revenue.

The NOC starts the clock running to get the inspections done.

Voodoo Donuts, is FAR from simple. And for example, Hollywood has had lines for it that has stretched quite far outside the Voodoo Donuts shop itself.

Not to mention popularity, it's a big pastry franchise.

But why would i want to buy 2 donuts for 6 bucks in citywalk as voodoo donuts prices range from 1-4 bucks for one donut when I go to lard boys get a big pink donut for 6 bucks which is like the size of half dozen donuts put together and be more happy and content with life?

It just didn't seem to be well thought out.