Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

Is anything going to happen to the Cinemark Artegon? I know it's off property vs on property (and thus paying for parking, going through security, etc...) but it seems weird to have two of the same theater so close to each other.

Wasn't Artegon bought by a billionaire or something and going to completely change soon?

Wasn't Artegon bought by a billionaire or something and going to completely change soon?

As I understand it, Cinemark has a separate lease from Artegon (just like Bass Pro Shop does and Ron Jon did). That said, it's on the backside of an abandoned mall that is soon to become a construction zone, so this probably makes a lot more sense from a marketing perspective. Artegon seems to be winning the war of attrition with its former tenants (except Bass, which will take a joint act of God and Congress to move, and Fuddruckers, which is apparently run by the dumbest people in America).

Now can someone explain where this Cinemark sits relative to other movie theater franchises?

I'm only familiar with the I-Drive one, but very nice--plush leather-like recliners in every theater, limited menu Starbucks in the lobby. To the point you'd wonder why such a nice theater was wasted in a dead mall. Much better than current Universal AMC, on a par with the good theaters in Disney Springs AMC.

It has already begun changing to an antique/collectable auto museum.

Bass Pro owns the land the store is on (and the parking lot right outside it), that got sold to them back in 2015 so that will probably stay.

See: Artegon sells another property: Bass Pro Shops - Orlando Sentinel

I don't think the theater owns its land.

Edit: property appraiser site shows Bass Pro owns the land its on, and the Theater is not part of the main Artegon land anymore (but not directly owned by Cinemark)

See ArcGIS Web Application

Last edited:
I personally cannot understand why anyone would want to go to a theater anymore with the massive flat screens that are available for homes. Hearing people eat, talk, fart and cough just leaves me cold.
You can get people to bring you drinks and snack
So, can anyone out there confirm what I’m hearing about AMC leaving the UOR Citywalk Cineplex?
I can confirm it now.......:wave:;)

They keep changing the owner name on this building, but will it actually bring in new business. When it went from Loews to AMC I don't think it did much for ticket sales. Hopefully the new recliners and footrests do the trick!

The transformation of our theatre will begin in September and take several months to complete. New, reclining, Cinemark Luxury Loungers with extendable footrests, cup holders and plush seating will be installed in all 20 auditoriums so you can kick up your feet and enjoy the utmost comfort while watching your favorite films.

I suppose this means we lose the IMAX theatre as well. Not that it's a great IMAX, but the company is rolling out nice new projectors for its small-screen cineplex theatres. And until Regal at Pointe Orlando upgrades their projector, I'm never giving them money again.

I suppose this means we lose the IMAX theatre as well. Not that it's a great IMAX, but the company is rolling out nice new projectors for its small-screen cineplex theatres. And until Regal at Pointe Orlando upgrades their projector, I'm never giving them money again.

Cinemark XD is their own IMAX/Dolby type theater.

As a Team Member, I got a discount on tickets and saw quite a few films there before they were released, like Jurassic World, Straight Outta Compton, and ... ugh, Cowboys and Aliens.
Ah... back when it was easy to get tickets to the free early showing movie as a team member! Now with so many working here, you gotta be on it right away to have a chance.

I wish they would get the theater to a South Korea theater level. Premium seating, beverages, food. Luxury options for almost anything you can imagine.
UOR is a destination to remember, and that should include all experiences (parks, food, theater, hotel).

Problem with ethical consumption is there are too many rungs in most ladders, and you are most likely buying from all parties to some extent.