Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

So talking to Brian via text, we think the whole front of that building (Piq, Fresh, Island, and Fossil) will be removed to make one large store. I don't know if that is bigger than the current studio store. Lots of interesting questions, I'm excited to see what's coming next!
We’re all gonna wrong when it ends up being an SNL comedy club.

While I do believe that Island Trading Co./Fresh Produce/PiQ/Fossil are closing to be consolidated into a single large space, "sale" items 2 days before Christmas may not be the best indicator.

While I do believe that Island Trading Co./Fresh Produce/PiQ/Fossil are closing to be consolidated into a single large space, "sale" items 2 days before Christmas may not be the best indicator.

I believe Fossil was holiday sales. Everything, and I mean everything, was marked 40% off in the Island Store. Seems more “clearance” than Holiday.

Lets say they do move the Studios Store to this new location. The current store now is smack in the middle of Citywalk and while it isnt big enough for a sit down restaurant, id like to think they swap it out with something "eye-catching" or have it be some neat original concept.

Lets say they do move the Studios Store to this new location. The current store now is smack in the middle of Citywalk and while it isnt big enough for a sit down restaurant, id like to think they swap it out with something "eye-catching" or have it be some neat original concept.
The smaller venue would allow for a more niche concept...Or perhaps a more expensive option

Someone mentioned that one of the surf shops recently extended their lease. This is highly possible because it is actually 2 surf shops combined into one long room. They can easily close the one on the Fresh Produce side and leave Billabong(? I think that’s it) open on the side with the movie theater.
One of the bartenders told me that Emerils renewed their lease. Must not have mattered since they closed a year later.

One of the more interesting things I've seen is how popular Piq and Cinnabun is, lots of people hoping they don't close.

So what we know is this:
  • Four shops will be closing to be turned into one somewhere on Universal property
  • Fresh Produce has already closed
  • Island Trading is offering steep discounts on everything in the store
So here are the questions remaining:
  • What are the two or three other shops to close
  • This might not be the location of the four stores to close, but this seems unlikely at this time
  • Fresh/Island/Piq/Flight: odd shaped store
  • Fresh/Island/Flight/Fossil: creates a weird Cinnabun annex
  • Fresh/Island/Piq/Fossil: Probably the most logical layout but hits some popular stores.
  • What is replacing these stores?
  • If it's the Studio store, what is replacing the studio store?

One of the more interesting things I've seen is how popular Piq and Cinnabun is, lots of people hoping they don't close.

So what we know is this:
  • Four shops will be closing to be turned into one somewhere on Universal property
  • This might not be the location of the four stores to close, but this seems unlikely at this time
  • Fresh/Island/Piq/Fossil: Probably the most logical layout but hits some popular stores.
Is the tatoo place closing maybe?

Cinnabon could still work in its current location...I mean, it could even open up into a new Studio store

So what we know is this:
If PIQ is very popular with the public, I could Universal moving it just to spread the crowds out. Replacing the tattoo store or putting PIQ over by the nightclubs would be a good idea.

I could see yet another restaurant ending up in the Studios Store space (yes, it’s small). Universal hasn’t shown that it cares too much about retail in CityWalk. It seems to think of CityWalk as a nighttime dining / entertainment venue