Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

I didn't understand the point of having a Preview Center with this day and age of media everywhere, but not gonna lie... that Epcot preview in The Odyssey got me pretty hype.
Not everyone who goes to their parks follow their social media platforms either. I think having the preview center on property is actually great idea. You've already gotten people to pay to come to your resort (whether its hotel guests or even people coming to Citywalk, they've invested some time and money in Universal), so this is the easiest and best way to get them back. Im sure they'll be a social media blitz about it/around it but I think a new theme park in Orlando justifies a preview center. Epcot has one for their changes currently.

The Grand Opening of a preview center would be the perfect time to do the big data dump about the new resort. What lands, attraction names and brief descriptions, restaurants, hotel names and themes with some details about them, etc. Along with a revel of the model and a bunch of concep art.

It would send social media into a frenzy.

Yes, definitely do both. And the number of theme park guests that get their info from social media is probably fairly small. Most tourists walking into the parks don't really know much about them, even fairly frequent tourists. Universal has to really use all the marketing at their command. i would imagine the largest ad buys for Universal, cost wise, are still TV ads. Internet ads are still largely ignored or clicked off, viewed as irritating distractions, not info. .

Last edited:
Yes, definitely do both. And the number of theme park guests that get their info from social media is probably fairly small. Most tourists walking into the parks don't really know much about them, even fairly frequent tourists. Universal has to really use all the marketing at their command. i would imagine the largest ad buys for Universal, cost wise, are still TV ads. Internet ads are still largely ignored or clicked off.
NBC has the super bowl for 2022 as well, probably a year/year 1/2 out from EU opening. Preview center opening not too long before then and some good advertisements at the Super Bowl should get the word out haha.

The Grand Opening of a preview center would be the perfect time to do the big data dump about the new resort. What lands, attraction names and brief descriptions, restaurants, hotel names and themes with some details about them, etc. Along with a revel of the model and a bunch of concep art.

It would send social media into a frenzy.

All I need is a detailed model to get me more than excited.

In case anybody missed it, somebody uploaded a great tour of the preview center for IOA and be sure to watch the end with the construction of the park.

All I need is a detailed model to get me more than excited.

In case anybody missed it, somebody uploaded a great tour of the preview center for IOA and be sure to watch the end with the construction of the park.

Loved that preview center. So much. And not just anyone, Dave Cobb, designer of MiB: Alien Attack. Great behind the scenes vids on his channel.

Loved that preview center. So much. And not just anyone, Dave Cobb, designer of MiB: Alien Attack. Great behind the scenes vids on his channel.

I don’t know if it’s because I’m older or the choice of IPs but I don’t think I’ll ever be as excited about a park as I was for IOA. The preview center blew my mind.

Epic will generate even more excitement. Social media was in it's infancy when IOA opened, and Orlando theme parks are now even more of a 'thing' than it was back then.

I didn't understand the point of having a Preview Center with this day and age of media everywhere, but not gonna lie... that Epcot preview in The Odyssey got me pretty hype.
It's called "experiential marketing" and it's highly effective in this day and age

Social is a component or end result of an experiential campaign....Someone goes, takes a photo, tags Universal

The Epcot Preview Center is an example of experiential marketing

I'm curious if this is how the new Universal Store is going to look at Citywalk...This is from USJ

ER6JyG_UUAAD7cG