CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think a Nintendo store is a no brainer but I'm conflicted about it being in CityWalk or the parks. A Universal Nintendo store would be huge and attract a ridiculous amount of business but a lot of those people will also be visiting the parks to ride Nintendo so it makes sense to have it inside the parks, especially with exclusive Universal Nintendo merchandise.

Does anybody have any idea what the next logical move for CityWalk is?

I'd say the tattoo parlor is next in line to go, Margaritaville will probably shut down whenever the contract is over due to the new hotel. I think what Uni should do is to determine which of the nightclubs is the least popular and convert it into bowling or an escape room or some type of unique place to visit.

With a new dry park on its way, you can expect major changes to the bus/drop off area and security to accommodate whatever mode of transportation they decide to use between both sites.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
I'd say the tattoo parlor is next in line to go, Margaritaville will probably shut down whenever the contract is over due to the new hotel. I think what Uni should do is to determine which of the nightclubs is the least popular and convert it into bowling or an escape room or some type of unique place to visit.

With a new dry park on its way, you can expect major changes to the bus/drop off area and security to accommodate whatever mode of transportation they decide to use between both sites.

I agree, I'm expecting a complete revamp of that area. It wasn't designed for what it's now having to handle and I'd hope that this might result in a CityWalk expansion.

I can't see Margaritaville leaving, I think it's closely paired with CityWalk as a whole and I can't see a bowling alley coming because there's already one at CBBR. I can see one of the least popular nightclubs leaving and an escape room would be a great option.

Is the mini golf a popular attraction?

Does anybody have any idea what the next logical move for CityWalk is?
Figuring out what to do with the couple retail stores? Besides the Universal store, every retail store isn’t very enticing.

I don’t know how to fix that though. Most of those retail storefronts are small and Disney Springs took a whole bunch of great retail store chains that are more exclusive.
I'd say the tattoo parlor is next in line to go, Margaritaville will probably shut down whenever the contract is over due to the new hotel.
Tattoo Parlor is definitely going to go. I personally think all of the nightclubs are going to leave. The nightclubs don’t have the same wide appeal that the rest of the resort does. Plus, I would think that they face much harsher competition from downtown Orlando compared to a couple years ago.

Am I the only one surprised Comcast hasn't forced Xfinity Information Carts into the parks like Disney has done with DVC?

Maybe a new immersive Xfinity Store will be arriving at CityWalk... jkjk

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Am I the only one surprised Comcast hasn't forced Xfinity Information Carts into the parks like Disney has done with DVC?

I do believe that's the scariest idea I've ever heard on this forum.:ack::bolt:

If they actually did it we can consider those tables to be complaint department so we can all go complain about our Comcast service.>:O:enrage::x::chainsaw::curse:

A week or two of that and the booths would be gone.>:)

I’ll bet money this will happen.

Xfinity has a small chain of retail stores modeled after Apple. I could see a large, Apple-like Xfinity showroom popping into CityWalk. Would probably look like something that would belong in Innoventions.

I’ll bet money this will happen.

Xfinity has a small chain of retail stores modeled after Apple. I could see a large, Apple-like Xfinity showroom popping into CityWalk. Would probably look like something that would belong in Innoventions.
Local retail XFinity showrooms work because it services a local area. The amount of out of state/international travelers would mean an Xfinity store at CityWalk is irrelevant to 70% of the people who would walk in.

Last edited:
I can't see margaritaville going away anytime soon. It's the largest bar/restaurant venue at Citywalk and is generally packed. Even the Palm bar outside. Of all the restaurants it has THE most recognizable brand. Emeril too but not the broad appeal. Nevermind the food court stuff like burger king etc.
And the Hemisphere Dancer is a Citywalk landmark.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulldog45
I can't see margaritaville going away anytime soon. It's the largest bar/restaurant venue at Citywalk and is generally packed. Even the Palm bar outside. Of all the restaurants it has THE most recognizable brand. Emeril too but not the broad appeal. Nevermind the food court stuff like burger king etc.
And the Hemisphere Dancer is a Citywalk landmark.

I've been to Margaritaville plenty of times. Consistently good meals and those nachos are some of the best out there. It also fits in perfectly with the relaxing vibe that I get at the resort.

I imagine the thought is that since Jimmy is opening a resort not too far from here, they might not renew or maybe CW might not offer a renewal.

I’m not sure if anyone knows for sure, but I think that is the reason Margaritaville pops up (I think, I assume he is still building on that land that used to be a miniature China)

Local retail XFinity showrooms work because it services a local area. The amount of out of state/international travelers would mean an Xfinity store at CityWalk is irrelevant to 70% of the people who would walk in.
Also, they offer different prices for people in different regions. The reps at a UOR location wouldn’t be able to memorize all the promotions and prices for everyone that would visit it the resort.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender