Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

Someone on the August 1st thread made a blue sky wish about having a Pokémon center put in CityWalk...Fossil, anybody?
As long as that's just a hint of what's to come, I'm all for it.

Unlikely. Nintendo Store? Probably. Pokémon is it’s own company that is partially owned by Nintendo.
While true, I don't think we're implying that Universal can do whatever they want with Pokemon because they got a partnership with Nintendo. Heck, Universal can't even do whatever it wants with anything Nintendo without negotiation and approval.

But, there were strong rumors that Pokemon was coming to KidZone... If true, that likely means those negotiations already have taken place, but plans were just placed on hold for now. At least it opens the door to a possible store.

Last edited:
As long as that's just a hint of what's to come, I'm all for it.

While true, I don't think we're implying that Universal can do whatever they want with Pokemon because they got a partnership with Nintendo. Heck, Universal can't even do whatever it wants with anything Nintendo without negotiation and approval.

But, there were strong rumors that Pokemon was coming to KidZone... If true, that likely means those negotiations already have taken place, but plans were just placed on hold for now. At least it opens the door to a possible store.

Pokémon is more complicated. They already have the channels set up for working with Nintendo so just open the Nintendo world store there. Pokémon centers seem to be Asia specific right now and would require UC to foster new relationships and that just takes time.

Pokémon is more complicated. They already have the channels set up for working with Nintendo so just open the Nintendo world store there. Pokémon centers seem to be Asia specific right now and would require UC to foster new relationships and that just takes time.
While I think a Nintendo store would also work for that location...

I'm suggesting they have those channels setup with Pokemon co. considering KZ plans (if true).

And if they don't have those channels setup, discussing this store would be a great way to start a business relationship. It could potentially sow the seeds for something greater.
Sometimes the right decision takes more effort.

Edit
Considering the size of location, I think a Nintendo World Store would feel dinky there. I would much prefer a larger store with a variety of IPs and products. Pokemon would be fine at this size.

Last edited:
YUPPP RIGHT BEHIND THE SHRIEKING SHACKKK
Shrieking Shack store replacing Margaritaville confirmed.

Back to topic though, I wonder if we'd be more likely to see a Nintendo store at Citywalk 2.0 when the new park opens.

Also, am I the only one that doesn't want Bob Marley's to go anywhere? You can take all the other clubs (which would free up a lot of space), but don't touch my jerk wings.