Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

While some may disagree, I’d be shocked if the next step isn’t either fixing the food court or eating away at th nightclub district. IMO, they could leave Rising Star, Pat O’Brien’s and Bob Marley’s and Call it a day. The Groove and Red Coconut a huge spaces that have mixed reviews/purpose. Especially the Groove could be lost with no tears.

While some may disagree, I’d be shocked if the next step isn’t either fixing the food court or eating away at th nightclub district. IMO, they could leave Rising Star, Pat O’Brien’s and Bob Marley’s and Call it a day. The Groove and Red Coconut a huge spaces that have mixed reviews/purpose. Especially the Groove could be lost with no tears.
Are those spaces used for private events? That might be why they're kept around.

My friends and I have a conspiracy that the upper floor of CityWalk is ran by the mob

Mob would've torched half those places years ago.

I think @RevFreako is onto it, the conventions justify keeping it open the other nights of the year. Remember at one point Disney Banquets offered to "buy" Motion from their Downtown Disney corporate counterparts and run it out of their budget, just to have a large party space like that available.

Just noticed the description for this year's new years party isn't sure if they will have 5 or 6 clubs open during EVE. Last year they had 6 clubs. This year the description just says "at least five clubs." Interesting.

EVE at Universal CityWalk
The whole year’s been leading up to this: EVE, an electrifying New Year’s Eve celebration at Universal CityWalk. Enjoy signature drinks. Revel in at least five incredible CityWalk clubs with live music. Savor unlimited delicious gourmet cuisine. And you can rock out on Orlando’s biggest outdoor dance floor. (Separately ticketed event. 21+ only.)​

Just noticed the description for this year's new years party isn't sure if they will have 5 or 6 clubs open during EVE. Last year they had 6 clubs. This year the description just says "at least five clubs." Interesting.

The whole year’s been leading up to this: EVE, an electrifying New Year’s Eve celebration at Universal CityWalk. Enjoy signature drinks. Revel in at least five incredible CityWalk clubs with live music. Savor unlimited delicious gourmet cuisine. And you can rock out on Orlando’s biggest outdoor dance floor. (Separately ticketed event. 21+ only.)​
Alicia puts in the work

Warning: the following is only a semi educated guess...

I'm thinking one of the clubs' lease is coming up, and while it's likely they re-sign it, it's not guaranteed.

What was the 6th club last year? Red Coconut, Marleys, Pat Os, Rising Star, Groove ...
Hmmm, I believe the daily all-night party pass includes Margaritaville after 10pm... I wonder if that's what it meant. They do have live entertainment scheduled inside there nightly after all.

Take this for what it's worth, but one of the DJ's on Radio Margaritaville (Sirius XM Channel 24) used to do live broadcasts from Margaritaville in Citywalk every weekday afternoon (he had a little perch to the left of the stage). However, I'm pretty sure I've heard him say he's now broadcasting from the Margaritaville Resort in Orlando. Is this just a marketing strategy to make more people aware there's now a resort in Orlando, or could this be the first step to Margaritaville leaving CityWalk? Dun Dun Dun

Hmmm, I believe the daily all-night party pass includes Margaritaville after 10pm... I wonder if that's what it meant. They do have live entertainment scheduled inside there nightly after all.
Okay just checked and it looks like Margaritaville was removed from the roster of the Party Pass participants for awhile, so I dunno. :shrug: