Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

Maybe but my response to that is, my understanding, the Tribute Store is still considered attraction queuing not retail. At this point it could be this or CityWalk. I think it's more likely this is for the Tribute location and they sign over the space to retail than it is for redoing such a large area of CityWalk.
Well that evolved

To also ask..if the Tribute Store would be counted as a permit for the changes, wouldn't we of seen that from when they were working on it during HHN29?

At the end of the day, this is for Citywalk, but I would wonder if Tribute Store has to have permits for the modifications needed.

Honestly though, part of me would actually wonder if they have looked at how the Tribute Store has been consistently executed with a level of care and respect, to where if they are doing a Preview Center..that they can actually make it a "Specialty" store, with select merchandise from the IP's established with the projects that they'd show, and to also preview things that relate to what's there.

So say, you have a section dedicated to Universal Monsters, and you could deck it out in theming in a similar scale to that of the Stranger Things portion of the Tribute Store from 29, and sell merchandise relating towards the Monsters (whether it'd be that of the rebranded merch that's been rolled out for the past year or that of the collab artwork they did in Hollywood with Tristan Eaton). Same applies for Super Nintendo World with merch that'd appear in the Osaka land.

It could be a very unique way to capitalize on hyping up the new park, while also reusing items that you have in stock. It's a thought, but I've been thinking more and more if that's a potential path they could go down.

EDIT: In a sense, it'd be almost similar to Epcot's preview center they have at the moment, but on a grander scale.

I really like this idea. Specifically from a marketing and merchandise standpoint.

Have a center area for Epic Universe and sell some basically EU items. Shirts, mugs, keychains. Then have a branch off of every land in EU. Fantastic beasts area with fantastic beasts swag, classic monsters with its swag, HTTYD with its swag, etc etc.

So really, it’s just an expansion of the USS with specific properties to sell merch while doubling as a hype machine for EU.

As a marketing guy, this makes perfect sense and has ample synergy.

I really like this idea. Specifically from a marketing and merchandise standpoint.

Have a center area for Epic Universe and sell some basically EU items. Shirts, mugs, keychains. Then have a branch off of every land in EU. Fantastic beasts area with fantastic beasts swag, classic monsters with its swag, HTTYD with its swag, etc etc.

So really, it’s just an expansion of the USS with specific properties to sell merch while doubling as a hype machine for EU.

As a marketing guy, this makes perfect sense and has ample synergy.
Same, it could be an 'experience' as well with interactive things and small scale replicas of what we'll see.

I mean, imagine a photo op in a Mario Kart...cart

Are we expecting some kind of retail refresh in 2020? Anything like the CityWalk 2.0 from a couple years back?
All we know is they are combining 4 retail locations into one large retail location.

My guess is everything in the Fossil/Surf Shop/PIQ/Fresh Produce location becomes the Universal Studios Store and the current Studios Store becomes an Epic Universe Preview Center.

Last edited: