Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

All we know is they are combining 4 retail locations into one large retail location.

My guess is everything in the Fossil/Surf Shop/PIQ/Fresh Produce location becomes the Universal Studios Store and the current Studios Store becomes an Epic Universe Preview Center.
Two things:

#1 - Does Epic Universe need a preview center in the day and age of social media? If so, would it be better in the Mummy queue?

#2 - What restaurant concept is possible for the old USS location...I feel that area is quite tiny....Unless they are ditching the karaoke bar as well

Two things:

#1 - Does Epic Universe need a preview center in the day and age of social media? If so, would it be better in the Mummy queue?

#2 - What restaurant concept is possible for the old USS location...I feel that area is quite tiny....Unless they are ditching the karaoke bar as well
1. Social media is the reason for the preview center. If you think @Brian G. wouldn't have 750 different shots of the model on IU before sundown, you are mistaken. And I don't see how the Mummy queue would be better than the center of CityWalk.

2. There is no room for a kitchen facility for a restaurant where the current Studios Store is.

Personally, I would have a preview center in CityWalk AND in the center of Orlando International Airport. I mean, people only going to Disney would never see the one in CityWalk.

1. Social media is the reason for the preview center. If you think @Brian G. wouldn't have 750 different shots of the model on IU before sundown, you are mistaken. And I don't see how the Mummy queue would be better than the center of CityWalk.

2. There is no room for a kitchen facility for a restaurant where the current Studios Store is.

Personally, I would have a preview center in CityWalk AND in the center of Orlando International Airport. I mean, people only going to Disney would never see the one in CityWalk.

On the restaurant, could it share a facility with Hot Dog Hall of Fame or CityWalk Rising Star?

If there’s a preview center, I don’t see why it wouldn’t take the new 4-space retail center.

Seem strange to move the current USS store unless they had a fantastic use for the old space that would enhance the area by the nightclubs.

If there’s a preview center, I don’t see why it wouldn’t take the new 4-space retail center.

Seem strange to move the current USS store unless they had a fantastic use for the old space that would enhance the area by the nightclubs.
The main reason is they need a larger Sudios Store. And if they move the Studio Store, what would they do with the current space?

Someone mentioned that one of the surf shops recently extended their lease. This is highly possible because it is actually 2 surf shops combined into one long room. They can easily close the one on the Fresh Produce side and leave Billabong(? I think that’s it) open on the side with the movie theater.

Someone mentioned that one of the surf shops recently extended their lease. This is highly possible because it is actually 2 surf shops combined into one long room. They can easily close the one on the Fresh Produce side and leave Billabong(? I think that’s it) open on the side with the movie theater.

Just walked through Island Clothing Store and everything is marked at 40%.