CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think Universal runs Voodoo, but not sure how that works exactly. I assume it's like Universal is the franchise owner of this store, sending some of the money to the parent company or something. But I do remember someone saying Uni runs this location for what it's worth.

I think Universal runs Voodoo, but not sure how that works exactly. I assume it's like Universal is the franchise owner of this store, sending some of the money to the parent company or something. But I do remember someone saying Uni runs this location for what it's worth.
So Piq is exclusively run by an outside party?

This would actually be a better option for both parties rather than renting out space to a tennant.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I feel like yes PiQ is always busy on the inside, but do people actually buy anything? I look around the store a lot, but don’t buy anything since it’s just stuff I can find elsewhere for cheaper.
I’ve actually purchased things there, but despite being full of people, I’ve never once had to wait in line at the register.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Most retail operations (malls, shopping centers) charge tenants rent plus a percentage of sales. I would guess Universal has a similar setup with any lessees in CityWalk. This arrangement gives the business and the landlord incentive to drive sales and traffic.