Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

The idea is fine but the reality is that some people will never eat in a place they don’t know.

With the caveat being “given the option”.

Disney doesn’t give them the option to eat elsewhere, and I haven’t heard of any stories of starvation at WDW. And people on-site there aren’t eating all their meals at the rainforest cafe exclusively.

Universal is on its way to being much closer with Disney regarding on-site hotels and days needed to attend the parks. So moving in the direction of “escapism” is certainly a discussion worth having if I’m sitting in UOR meetings.

With the caveat being “given the option”.

Disney doesn’t give them the option to eat elsewhere, and I haven’t heard of any stories of starvation at WDW. And people on-site there aren’t eating all their meals at the rainforest cafe exclusively.

Universal is on its way to being much closer with Disney regarding on-site hotels and days needed to attend the parks. So moving in the direction of “escapism” is certainly a discussion worth having if I’m sitting in UOR meetings.

Plenty of people still drive and can leave the area if they want. The McDonalds in WDW is doing well enough to justify a big expansion.

People might not be eating at Rainforest Cafe every day but they'll be the ones to only eat a burger and chips and chicken tenders exclusively. If you want to know why good menus get dumbed down, these are the people to blame.

CityWalk needs a Counter Service burger place similar to D-Luxe Burger/5 Guys/BurgerFi. It could also have chicken strips. Call it something stupid like Patty Strips Joint.

Burger King just doesn't fit the bill with what I think Universal perceives the CityWalk to be.

I think the ultimate would still be In n Out burger and I know it's never going to happen but if it did, I think it could be one of the most hyped food additions to either CityWalk or Disney Springs ever.

The one at the Linq Promenade i Vegas is forever busy, I've seen every table occupied with people eating on walls outside while restaurants next door are struggling to have more than 10 people in. Even Margaritaville just up the road only had 5 tables in.

In n Out is too much of a hassle to add due to their restrictions. Shake Shack is just as good and would do fine.

Burger King just doesn't fit the bill with what I think Universal perceives the CityWalk to be.

I think the ultimate would still be In n Out burger and I know it's never going to happen but if it did, I think it could be one of the most hyped food additions to either CityWalk or Disney Springs ever.

The one at the Linq Promenade i Vegas is forever busy, I've seen every table occupied with people eating on walls outside while restaurants next door are struggling to have more than 10 people in. Even Margaritaville just up the road only had 5 tables in.
I would love to see a CityWalk version of In-N-Out, but I'm not sure the viability ingredients wise, they are pretty picky.

Honestly I'd love to see them continue the trend of unique original concepts that set CityWalk apart from, say, iDrive

Netflix and Amazon still aren’t getting first releases of tent-pole, big-studio films. The Avengers isn’t debuting on Disney+. In other words, cinemas will have a place in society for several more decades.

That goes even more so for theme parks and “night life districts” where it serves as a full date/family night out.
The cinema has been declared dead ever since TV was invented... and yet its still here :)

In n Out is too much of a hassle to add due to their restrictions. Shake Shack is just as good and would do fine.

I was thinking Shake Shack but like @shiekra38 said above, they want to differentiate themselves from iDrive.

If In n Out was to open anywhere remote away from their facilities in California and Texas, I think Universal or Disney could be the only places to do it. I imagine that both resorts probably receive enough daily produce that could match the quality and standards that they aim for.

I would welcome this change, would it be a performance club? When I first came back to UoR about 10 years ago I stopped at CW concierge and said a comedy club would be perfect for one of the upstairs location. Somewhere in my dim memory of visits before that it seemed there was a club upstairs but I guess that is a faulty memory.

Thinking about IPs that Universal owns and are ever-green, the Tonight Show, the Today Show and SNL are the standouts and two out of three have been developed. The fact that they already worked with Lorne Michaels and his production company Broadway Video on the Jimmy Fallon attraction means they have a working relationship. It makes sense, though I doubt that's what's happening with those shops on the corner.

A bit behind on this since I wasn't around this weekend, but boy, as an SNL nerd, this is my dream. Id love some type of experience like this. Could build a dining area/bar/show area that looks like Studio 8H. Easy. Almost like a concert like venue but obviously highly SNL themed. Oh, PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!

There’s little info in that article after they redacted the Kenan info. They thought they had a slam dunk based on that photo alone.
Yeah I found that part pretty funny. Went from we’re sure this is happening look at this Keenan picture to well he wasn’t there for that, but it still could happen.