Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

It does lineup though with the brand integration that Comcast has wanted since we got Fallon and the Today Cafe. I really could see this as 8H being an almost House of Blues like set up and just having new comedians there every week. Might just be something I'm praying for though lol. A comedy club sounds like an awesome thing to do 1 or 2 nights on vacation. Just adding more experiences never hurts.

Completely unrelated to anything TPU has said (as I don’t read their site), I heard the other day (Saturday, I think) that Kenan & Kel had been in CityWalk filming for something. I doubt it would be in anyway related to this though. My mind went to the All-That reboot.

Completely unrelated to anything TPU has said (as I don’t read their site), I heard the other day (Saturday, I think) that Kenan & Kel had been in CityWalk filming for something. I doubt it would be in anyway related to this though. My mind went to the All-That reboot.
This would also be welcomed news. I do wonder if possibly for Peacock? We shall see. Maybe they're just using Kenan to do some advertising. We'll likely know soon enough.

If true, this is becoming a little excessive for the NBC tie-ins.

Grill Brew, Fallon, Today Show Cafe, the Media Center and now SNL.

The TV show tie-ins have always felt like advertising to me.

SNL club and Lord of the Rings land rumors should get a room. They always come back in full force every two years it seems.
I literally just came here to ask if the SNL Comedy Club was the LOTR for rumors at City Walk

This, and Kidzone is closing soon. All things that are happening at Universal

It never made sense unless it was an Improv experience, but that would take away from the standup tours that go to Hard Rock Live.
I don’t think it would take away from Hard Rock Live as stand ups that perform there are established comedians. There’s lots of great improv actors locally in Orlando that would be great for something like this. Many great improv actors here actually already work at Universal, too.

I don’t think it would take away from Hard Rock Live as stand ups that perform there are established comedians. There’s lots of great improv actors locally in Orlando that would be great for something like this. Many great improv actors here actually already work at Universal, too.

I'm looking at it from an appeal standpoint.

It's going to take a lot for the average tourist to choose "Local comedian, Johnny Jokes" over the other stuff to do at CityWalk, let alone the rest of Orlando; SNL name or not.

I'm looking at it from an appeal standpoint.

It's going to take a lot for the average tourist to choose "Local comedian, Johnny Jokes" over the other stuff to do at CityWalk, let alone the rest of Orlando; SNL name or not.
If they partnered with Orlando Shakes, I could see it being something great. Comedy Warehouse was beloved (and the cast still is to this day) and I can easily see something like this being similar if it ever was to happen.

I don't think an SNL branded experience would be a stand-up type comedy show. That's not what SNL does. I would think it would have to be a scripted skit show format.

Amd I think The Groove would be the more likely location.
I think improv comedy is exactly what it would be. I don’t necessarily think it would be scripted too rough though. There’d be bits they do and they’d play off the audience. Performing for a live audience is different than performing for cameras.

Like I said, I think it’d be pretty similar to Comedy Warehouse in the end. I agree though, the upper level is a better fit for something like this, imo.

I don't think an SNL branded experience would be a stand-up type comedy show. That's not what SNL does. I would think it would have to be a scripted skit show format.

Amd I think The Groove would be the more likely location.
Do all the classic skits ...Killer Bees, Rickey Rat Club, Coneheads and so on, but on a rotating basis to keep it fresh for repeat visitors. ....just with new cast that are somewhat look a likes....like they do with the Blues Brother Shows.

Do all the classic skits ...Killer Bees, Rickey Rat Club, Coneheads and so on, but on a rotating basis to keep it fresh for repeat visitors. ....just with new cast that are somewhat look a likes....like they do with the Blues Brother Shows.
If an SNL venue were to exist, it would have to be in name and menu only. Name drinks after iconic skits, but if you go out there trying to recreate those, you're practically asking for something that just isn't going to work. IMO the only way an SNL venue works is if it's original sketches and the venue were to have an 18+ age restriction after a certain time of night so they could do a bit more risque stuff.

I honestly don’t see them doing anything live. I imagine it being Planet Hollywood, but SNL. There would be a bunch of memorabilia around and TVs showing old clips.

I feel like SNL is going through this strange popularity trend right now. It seems like SNL is less relevant than ever (there’s just too much TV!). But, when SNL has a iconic skit (which have been mostly political), the skit can break out bigger than ever in the zeitgeist.

So much of SNL right now is political that I don’t see a SNL branded anything opening up. Universal has avoided all of Disney’s political mishaps (Hall of Presidents) and there’s no way they’d want to introduce some.

What's so Saturday Night Live about an improv show on a random weekday night? At that point it's just a name on a comedy club.

Also I'm just going to say it now: I really don't think an SNL anything is coming.
I don't think it's happening either.

But I think if it did happen, the whole point is to put the SNL name on a comedy club to attract more people. Yup, it'd be just a random comedy club, just like The Today Cafe is pretty much a random coffee shop. And Grill and Brew is random bar food.

I mean, just because it's got the SNL name doesn't mean it would only be open on Saturday's...