Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

Universal Orlando has its sights set on a corner row of stores in CityWalk, as several locations have closed and several more are expected to close soon.

Universal Orlando has its sights set on a corner row of stores in CityWalk, as several locations have closed and several more are expected to close soon.

Behind the scenes, here were my article title suggestions.

“Store Closings at Local Outdoor Mall”

“Amazon Kills Small Business”

Yes. Universal has a completely different business philosophy from Disney when it comes to CitiWalk vs. Disney Springs.
I get that CityWalk will never be Disney Springs. It’s not big enough and has two big theme parks to distract potential shoppers.

But, right now, I have zero reason to ever stop in a CityWalk store. I’m really hoping that changes in the next year.

I get that CityWalk will never be Disney Springs. It’s not big enough and has two big theme parks to distract potential shoppers.

But, right now, I have zero reason to ever stop in a CityWalk store. I’m really hoping that changes in the next year.
They don't really have much retail left after this move. Universal store will be bout it.

Universal did some kind of patent or trademark for an escape room a year or so ago. It's possible, but it just seems like a waste of space to me. Escape rooms seem to be dropping off in popularity now. It was that every strip mall in Orlando had one, now it's just a few.

I don't think it's happening either.

But I think if it did happen, the whole point is to put the SNL name on a comedy club to attract more people. Yup, it'd be just a random comedy club, just like The Today Cafe is pretty much a random coffee shop. And Grill and Brew is random bar food.

I mean, just because it's got the SNL name doesn't mean it would only be open on Saturday's...

Only open on Saturday night. No breakfast or lunch.

The SNL rumour seems to only be making the rounds again because Kenan was there at the time. By the same logic, I am thrilled to announce the rumour that Access Hollywood is bringing a restaurant because Mario Lopez was at UOR yesterday. It will be similar in theme to Planet Hollywood.

Universal did some kind of patent or trademark for an escape room a year or so ago. It's possible, but it just seems like a waste of space to me. Escape rooms seem to be dropping off in popularity now. It was that every strip mall in Orlando had one, now it's just a few.

I think it depends on how well executed it is. At this point the craze is mostly done so the places that are left are ones that are actually really worth attending, whether they're highly themed, or just well constructed.

I think it depends on how well executed it is. At this point the craze is mostly done so the places that are left are ones that are actually really worth attending, whether they're highly themed, or just well constructed.
I think a highly themed and story driven escape room would be great for CW, but I don't think that location is big enough for that

I know I'm probably the only person who actually liked the Fossil store... I think I have gotten two watches there... possibly 3. RIP ia