Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

Could've always been this, and someone just didnt know or have more information. Beer Gardens can offer small amounts of food as well. This would fit in well, but with a brewery nearby I feel this should be more a winery but no complaints. Could turn into a peaceful area in Citywalk, which kinda needs that.
Hot Dogs to Bratwurst isn't that far of a trip. Biergarten & Wirtshaus.

Nintendo store would need a much larger footprint. Hell I'd do it as a new build.
Eh. The one in Times Square isn't all that much bigger than that space.

Edit: Square Footage wise, maybe. But there's probably an equal amount of merch in the existing Uni Store as there is as the NYC Nintendo store. The nintendo store is like 75% empty space

Last edited:
I wonder what the future holds for Blue Man Group? That would probably be enough Square footage.

That's way too large and Cirque has said the first shows returning will be the "house" shows.

*edit*

Nintendo New York is 10,000 square feet of retail space. I haven't been able to find how large the current Studio Store in CityWalk is but if Soundstage 18 is the same size as 19 then that's 16,500 square feet which is 65% larger than an already large store. More likely they use a part of Soundstage 19, replace something else existing, or build new.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean if EU happens all Nintendo stores will be over there, so...

Easiest thing they could do would be do exactly what they've done in Japan and just take out the AP lounge, move that elsewhere. Bob Marley's, hell maybe the movie theatre gets shutdown or some of the space is moved for retail, idk. I think they have options.

Also, this new store they're opening is gonna be very large and could easily include its own Nintendo floor, or half of a floor.

I mean if EU happens all Nintendo stores will be over there, so...

Easiest thing they could do would be do exactly what they've done in Japan and just take out the AP lounge, move that elsewhere. Bob Marley's, hell maybe the movie theatre gets shutdown or some of the space is moved for retail, idk. I think they have options.

Also, this new store they're opening is gonna be very large and could easily include its own Nintendo floor, or half of a floor.
Stay
Away
from Bob Marley's

lol

Don't know if it's temporary for the holidays or not, but Vivo has returned to 7-day operations. Bigfire and Cowfish remain Thursday - Sunday only.
It looks like their hours have been extended on Saturday and Sunday as well, not sure if this is new

Landry's has been struggling for some time and are merging with Fast Acquisitions in hopes to turn around their trajectory. There are rumors of Landry's jettisoning some of it's smaller and lesser performing brands to focus on it's more high end and stable brands like Morton's and Landry's Seafood House. Bubba Gump's is one that is rumored to be in danger along with Rainforest Cafe. If Landry's kills the Bubba Gump brand, I don't see Universal wanting to just flip the location to a regular, kind of pedestrian Landry's. So that could possibly open a location for a retheme.

The merger with Fast should be complete in the 2nd quarter of 2021. We'll see what happens.

Landry's has been struggling for some time and are merging with Fast Acquisitions in hopes to turn around their trajectory. There are rumors of Landry's jettisoning some of it's smaller and lesser performing brands to focus on it's more high end and stable brands like Morton's and Landry's Seafood House. Bubba Gump's is one that is rumored to be in danger along with Rainforest Cafe. If Landry's kills the Bubba Gump brand, I don't see Universal wanting to just flip the location to a regular, kind of pedestrian Landry's. So that could possibly open a location for a retheme.

The merger with Fast should be complete in the 2nd quarter of 2021. We'll see what happens.
Rainforest Cafe has been closing locations left and right over the last few years, I'd be surprised if they kept much outside of the major tourist areas like DS.

Bring back Motown Café, baby!

I’ve always wanted a Universal-developed “Big Band Barbecue” sort of place.